Related stories and components
Author: Kim So-yon, Hankyoreh [So. Korea]
Workers are being progressively squeezed by compensation claims and provisional attachments from employers [for holding strikes]. The situation is reversing the gains made with an agreement reached eight years ago in which labor and management said...
Author: Véronique Smée, Novethic [France]
Lancé en 2000, le Carbon Disclosure Project est aujourd'hui financé par 534 investisseurs détenant 64 000 milliards de dollars. Son objectif : interroger les entreprises pour évaluer leurs politiques climatiques. Trois sociétés françaises figurent dans...
- Related companies: ABB Air Liquide Amazon.com Bank of China BASF Bayer Berkshire Hathaway BNP Paribas Clariant Crédit Agricole Danone Deutsche Post Geberit Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Honeywell Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Michelin Nestlé Novartis Renault Rosneft Saint-Gobain Samsung SCOR Siemens Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS) Technip FMC (formerly Technip) Valeo Vivendi
Con el fin de desarrollar proyectos ambientales orientados a las comunidades en las cuales opera y promover iniciativas para el fortalecimiento de acciones socialmente responsables, la empresa fabricante de neumáticos Pirelli de Venezuela [parte de...
- Related companies: Pirelli
Author: Ross Kerber, Reuters
...DuPont Co...and United Parcel Service...(UPS)...were among eight companies removed from a social investment index series [FTSE4Good] because of concerns about human rights, climate change and similar matters,...FTSE Group said...The most prominent...
[PDF] Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct
Author: Joris Oldenziel (SOMO), Joseph Wilde-Ramsing (SOMO) & Patricia Feeney (RAID)
This report assesses the contribution of the OECD Guidelines to responsible business conduct, sustainable development, and the resolution and reduction of conflicts between companies and communities regarding social issues, environmental concerns, and...
- Related stories: 10th OECD roundtable on corporate responsibility to focus on supply chains, human rights, environment & climate change (Paris, 30 Jun - 1 Jul) OECD Watch new report: "Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct"
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: ACC Capital Holdings Accor adidas Afrimex Airbus Aker Kvaerner Alcoa Anglo American Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) ANZ Bank Ascendant Copper (now Copper Mesa Mining) Atlas Copco Avient Aviation Bayer BHP Billiton BP Brylane (formerly part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute now Kering) Cabot Corporation Cermaq Chevron ConocoPhillips Continental AG Daewoo Group Das Air Cargo Delta Hess K&K Ltd (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Delta Oil Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil First Quantum Minerals G-Star Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Groupe Forrest International GSL (now G4S) Hess Corporation Intex Resources KBC Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) KfW KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Marathon Oil Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) National Grid Nike Nutreco OM Group Oryx Natural Resources Ratiopharm (part of Teva Pharmaceutical) Rio Tinto Rolls-Royce plc Sandvik Shell Skanska Suez Total Toyota Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Transco (part of National Grid) Tremalt Triumph International Tropical Farm Management Unocal (part of Chevron) Vattenfall Vedanta Resources Volkswagen Votorantim West LB Xstrata (part of Glencore)
[PDF] Think globally, sue locally: Out-of-court tactics employed by plaintiffs, their lawyers, and their advocates in transnational tort cases
Author: Jonathan Drimmer, Steptoe & Johnson, released by U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Legal Reform
Over the past 15 years, there has been a sharp rise in lawsuits brought against United States companies, as well as foreign companies with a substantial U.S. presence, that are premised on alleged personal or environmental injuries that occur overseas....
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Report commissioned by US Chamber of Commerce on lawsuits against US firms for alleged abuses overseas - accuses lawyers, plaintiffs, advocates of unethical tactics Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: AirScan Archer Daniels Midland Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Brylane (formerly part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute now Kering) Cargill Chevron Chiquita Coca-Cola Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Del Monte Foods Dole Dow Chemical Drummond ExxonMobil Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Gap Gulf Oil Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Levi Strauss Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Mobil Oil (part of ExxonMobil) Nestlé Occidental Petroleum Petroecuador Pfizer Rio Tinto Shell Target Texaco (part of Chevron) Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Author: Anupama Chandrasekaran, Mint [India]
Apart from Nokia and electronics companies...[Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu]...is also home to automotive makers such as the Indian units of Hyundai Motor Co. and Ford Motor Co....Nokia’s move to recognize a union is...under the microscope following the...
Author: Sofia News Agency
The workers at a Serbian tire factory owned by the Bulgarian energy tycoon Hristo Kovachki have gone on strike over unpaid wages. Workers…demanded to be paid immediately and announced that the plant has stopped production. 700 of the 2100 total work...
Author: Marie-José Gava, Novethic [France]
Avec seulement 9% de femmes dans les conseils d'administration des grandes entreprises, la France se situe en deçà de la moyenne européenne. Une donnée qui nuit à la performance de ces sociétés... A l’exception de quatre « bons élèves » qui comptent...