Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Commentary: Global Business Coalition Against Human Trafficking focuses on survivor employment & support for SMEs
Author: Mark P. Lagon, Global Business Coalition Against Human Trafficking
"Undoing slavery: business coalition tackles unmet needs," 17 May 2018...
USA: Companies pull advertisements from Fox News television host Laura Ingraham's program after she insulted Parkland school shooting survivor
Author: Kevin Breuninger, CNBC
"Advertisers - including TripAdvisor, Nestle, Wayfair and Hulu - are dumping Laura Ingraham after she slammed Parkland survivor," 29 March 2018...
Cambodia: Apparel groups warn restrictions on freedom of association will make Cambodia unattractive & expensive place to do business
Author: Daphne Chen, The Phnom Penh Post (Cambodia)
"Apparel groups including H&M and Gap urge Cambodia garment industry reform, seek meeting with Hun Sen", 21 Mar 2018...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Apparel brands stand up for human rights defenders, civic freedoms & urge garment industry reform
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: ASOS Gap H&M
Cambodia: Letter of concern by brands to Prime Minister regarding freedom of association & human rights defenders
Author: Rick Helfenbein - President and CEO, American Apparel & Footwear Association, Christian Ewert - Director General, amfori – Trade with Purpose, Peter McAllister - Executive Director, Ethical Trading Initiative, Sharon Waxman - President and CEO, Fair Labor Association, Alexander Kohnstamm - Director, Fair Wear Foundation & Jane Hwang - President and CEO, Social Accountability International
On behalf of international garment, footwear, and travel goods brands and retailers, we write to urge your government to immediately implement its October 16, 2017 commitments... Further, we write to express our growing concern over recent...
Google, Microsoft & Trip Advisor fund Refugee.Info product, providing accurate information to refugees crossing Europe
“Google And Trip Advisor Partner With International Rescue Committee To Help Refugees”, 17 May 2017...
- Related stories: World Refugee Day 2017: Companies take action in support of rights
- Related companies: Alphabet Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft
Author: David Ingram, Thomson Reuters Foundation (USA)
“Apple, Google, Facebook skip legal challenge to new travel ban”, 15 Mar 2017...
Author: Belfast Telegraph
"Co-op to offer jobs to survivors of modern slavery", 3 March 2017...
- Related companies: Co-operative Group
Author: Seth Fiegerman, CNN Money (USA)
"Tech companies condemn Trump's revised travel ban", 6 Mar 2017...
Author: Andrew Sheivachman, Skift (USA)
"Travel Industry Reaction to Trump Travel Ban Is More Muted This Time", 6 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's second travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: Airbnb Expedia Lyft Uber