Related stories and components
Author: Roli Srivastava, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Tourist visa scam traps Indian migrants in abusive jobs in UAE," 15 Jan 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE
Cambodia: About 3,000 workers go on strike to demand higher wages and better working conditions from NagaWorld
Thousands of Cambodians working for a Hong Kong-listed casino company have gone on strike for higher pay and better working conditions. About 3,000 workers joined the strike in front of the NagaWorld hotel and casino complex, owned by Nagacorp Ltd in...
Cambodia: Phnom Penh Municipal Court orders an investigation into NagaWorld unionists for violating a court's order
Author: Rinith Taing, Khmer Times
"Phnom Penh Municipal Court orders investigation into Naga union leader", 10 January 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: About 3,000 workers go on strike to demand higher wages and better working conditions from NagaWorld
- Related companies: NagaCorp NagaWorld
Author: Raji Unnikrishnan, GDN Online (Bahrain)
"Four-star hotel in Manama blacklisted over unpaid wages," 8 Jan 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Migrant workers
Author: Galerie Hotel
Faire Wertschöpfung, die die Menschenrechte eines Jeden sowie die Natur respektiert, ist auch global längst möglich. Freiwillige Selbstverpflichtung hat und wird hier jedoch nie zum Ziel führen - deshalb bedarf es einer bindenden gesetzlichen Regelung....
- Related companies: Galerie Hotel
USA: National hotel chains Hilton, Wyndham, and Choice named in Texas lawsuit for promoting sex trafficking
Author: Gabrielle Banks, The Houston Chronicle
"Three national hotel chains in Houston sued for promoting sex trafficking" 31 Dec 2019...
- Related stories: USA: Lawsuit filed against major hotels for aiding human trafficking on premises, incl. company comments
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Choice Hotels Hilton Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Author: The Business & Human Rights Review, Allen & Overy LLP
"Shifting gears on human rights performance: from responsive to proactive" Winter 2019 Recent headlines demonstrate that the intersection of business and human rights is no longer a passing concern for companies. Debate surrounding the human...
Author: Nat Levy, GeekWire
...[D]riving progress on addressing climate change is what’s best for the economic health, jobs, and competitiveness of our companies and our country... [W]e stand by our conviction that a commitment to the Paris Agreement requires a just transition...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: ABB adidas Adobe Systems Allianz Alphabet Aon Apple Atlassian Autodesk Bank of America Bertelsmann Brown-Forman Corporation Cargill Chobani Citigroup CMS Energy Coca-Cola Corning Dana Décathlon DuPont Ecolab Edison International Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Gap Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Gucci Henkel Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA InterContinental Hotels Kering Levi Strauss Mars MasterCard Microsoft Mondelēz International National Grid Nestlé NRG Energy Patagonia PepsiCo PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Stonyfield Farm Tesla Motors Thrive Global Tiffany Total Unilever Verizon Virgin Group Walt Disney Zurich
USA: Lawsuit filed against major hotels for aiding human trafficking on premises, incl. company comments