Related stories and components
Tanzania: Govt. agency harasses human rights activist opposed to eviction of locals to pave way for a commercial tourist conservancy
Author: Khalifa Said, The Citizen (Tanzania)
"Is citizenship now used to ‘fix’ critics?"...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Intl. Tourism Partnership announces 1st industry-wide global commitment to sustainability; incl. improving human rights
Author: International Tourism Partnership (ITP)
"The International Tourism Partnership Celebrates 25th Anniversary with Announcement of First Ever Industry-Wide Global Commitment to Sustainability," 26 September 2017...
…Carivida recognizes that its business activities have an impact on the local communities. Carivida strives to reconcile its commercial objectives with the long-term imperatives of sustainable growth, social prosperity, and well-being. In October 2016...
- Related stories: Honduras: Tourism company Carivida files defamation lawsuits against Garifuna leaders defending ancestral land
- This is a response from the following companies: Carivida
Honduras: Tourism company Carivida files defamation lawsuits against Garifuna leaders defending ancestral land
The tourism & hospitality company, Carivida, filed defamation lawsuits against 4 Garifuna leaders part of the Fraternal Garifuna, Black Organization of Honduras, OFRANEH. For years, the Garifuna communities have been defending their ancestral land...
- Related stories: Honduras: Tourism company Carivida files defamatory lawsuits against Garifuna leaders defending ancestral land
- This is a non response from the following companies: Carivida
Author: Radio Progreso y el ERIC (Honduras)
“Inversionistas canadienses se apoderan del 70 por ciento de tierras garífunas en Santa Fe, Colón”, 17 de Agosto de 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
Author: Anne Gearan, Washington Post
"U.S. Pushing to Quash U.N. 'Blacklist' of Firms Doing Business in Israeli Settlements," 21 August 2017...