Securicor (now G4S)
Member of UN Global Compact
Securicor and Group 4 Falck merged in July 2004 to form Group 4 Securicor (now G4S).
Author: Adri Nieuwhof, Electronic Intifada
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited G4S to respond. G4S referred us to a previous statement] G4S...reacted to a wave of protest by rehashing claims that it will eventually quit its Israeli contracts in the occupied West Bank. But in...
- Related stories: Israel & Palestine: Electronic Intifada sceptical about G4S commitment to exit contracts in West Bank Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: G4S Hashmira (part of G4S) Securicor (now G4S) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement)
Since September 15, thousands of workers have been on strike at Grasberg, in West Papua, the world’s largest gold mine. Grasberg is exploited by PT Freeport Indonesia (PTFI), a branch of the US-based company Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold. The...
- Related stories: Corporations Behaving Badly: The Ten Worst Corporations of 2001
- Related companies: Argenbright (part of Securicor) G4S Securicor (now G4S)
Author: Kevin Maguire, Guardian [UK]
Union leaders last night demanded compensation for female employees worried about "peeping toms" and threatened legal action under data protection legislation and the Sex Discrimination Act.
Author: Russell Mokhiber and Robert Weissman, Multinational Monitor
[Abbott Laboratories, Argenbright Security, Bayer, Coca Cola, Enron, ExxonMobil, Philip Morris, Sara Lee, Southern Co. and Wal-Mart]