Security issues & conflict zones
- Conflict & Peace Portal
- Extractives (with relevant guidance material for the extractives sector)
- Security (with relevant guidance material for security firms)
- Peacebuilding & conflict prevention
- News & reports, international standards and introductory material
[PDF] Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights: Implementation Guidance Tools
- Author and date: Intl. Council on Mining & Metals, Intl. Committee of the Red Cross, Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association, Intl. Finance Corporation, 2011
- [PDF] OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas
- [PDF] "Guidance on Responsible business in conflict-affected and high-risk areas: A resource for companies and investors"
- Author and date: United Nations Global Compact, Principles for Responsible Investment, Jun 2010
[PDF] "Operating responsibly in the Middle East and North Africa: Implementing the UN Guidance", Taylor McKellor, Oct 2010
- "Security forces" (on Human Rights & Business Dilemmas Forum)
- Author: UN Global Compact, Maplecroft
- [PDF] "Global Compact Business Guide for Conflict Impact Assessment and Risk Management"
- Author and date: UN Global Compact, 2002
- "Business and International Humanitarian Law"
- Author and date: International Committee of the Red Cross, 2006
- [PDF] "Business and human rights: The role of business in weak governance zones - Business proposals for effective ways of addressing dilemma situations in weak governance zones"
- Author and date: International Organisation of Employers (IOE), in collaboration with International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC) to the OECD, 2006
- [PDF] "Doing business while advancing peace and development"
- Author and date: United Nations Global Compact, Jun 2010
- [PDF] "Security of people and assets – Discussion paper"
- Author and date: Prepared for UN Special Representative on business & human rights, 2006
- "Montreux Document – On pertinent international legal obligations and good practices for States related to operations of private military and security companies during armed conflict"
- Principios Voluntarios de Seguridad y Derechos Humanos. Guía Orientativa de Implementación
- ICMM, CICR, IFC, IPIECA, Mayo 2012
- Empresas y derecho internacional humanitario
- Comité Internacional de la Cruz Roja, 2006
- Les entreprises et le droit international humanitaire
- Comité international de la Croix-Rouge, 2006
Related stories and components
"Addressing Security and Human Rights Challenges in Complex Environments" Toolkit by Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)...
Author: ICMM, CICR, IFC e IPIECA
En 2000, un…grupo de gobiernos, empresas y organizaciones no gubernamentales cooperaron en el desarrollo y lanzamiento de un conjunto de Principios Voluntarios de Seguridad y Derechos Humanos (“VPSHR” por su denominación en inglés)…[que tienen] por...
Author: ICMM, ICRC, IFC, IPIECA
…The IGT is comprised of Four Modules, which can be used either individually or together. The first module, Stakeholder Engagement, provides steps to establish the foundation for the successful implementation of the other modules. However, each module...
- Related stories: New set of tools on implementing the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Security issues & conflict zones Voluntary Principles plenary - Sep 2011
[PDF] OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas
This guidance provides a framework for detailed due diligence as a basis for responsible global supply chain management of tin, tantalum, tungsten, their ores and mineral derivates, and gold...The purpose of this Guidance is to help companies respect...
Author: Nicholas A.J. Taylor, Taylor McKellar
It is now widely acknowledged that business operations and investment capital contribute to peace and stability in host societies...However poor risk management may not only contribute to political instability and violent conflict, but it may also harm...