Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Japan
Seiko website: www.seiko.co.jp/index.html?lang_is=en
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 100 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China.
Author: SACOM (Hong Kong)
…SACOM conducted an investigative research towards the labour condition in Hong Kong-owned Apple supplier – Biel Crystal’s Huizhou factory and discovered numerous labour abuses and violation of Chinese Labour Law. SACOM decided to publish the...
Author: Maria Trombly, Emerging China
Foreign businesses, organizations and embassies reacted quickly after the Monday earthquake with offers of aid and support. On Wednesday, General Electric announced a US$2 million donation...GE has mobilized local field support engineers to help with...
- Related companies: Acer Advanced Micro Devices Alcoa Applied Materials Bayer BMW Bridgestone Canon Carlsberg Breweries Carrefour Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Dow Chemical Epson (part of Seiko) Ericsson Estée Lauder FAW Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) General Electric General Motors Hitachi Hon Hai Honda HSBC Intel Johnson & Johnson Kimberly-Clark Komatsu Konica Minolta Kraft Foods LVMH Mary Kay Matsushita (now Panasonic) Michelin Microsoft Nissan Nokia Omron PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble PSA Peugeot-Citroën Qualcomm Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Schneider Electric Scotiabank Seiko Siemens SK Corporation Sony TCL Corporation Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS Volkswagen
The Computer Recycling Programme in Hong Kong, jointly funded and organized by 20 local and international computer equipment suppliers...[recycles] desktop and notebook computers, monitors, scanners and other accessories including hard disks, mouse...
[DOC] Clean Computers Campaign: Report on Labour Rights in the Computer Industry in China [English summary translation]
Author: Students and Scholars against Corporate Misbehaviour (SACOM)
[Original report in Chinese. Title translation and following summary of the report's key points, provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre with authorization by SACOM.]...
- Related stories: Shenzhen, China: NGO survey of working conditions in 13 electronics factories supplying 47 brands finds abuses including child labour, discrimination, excessive overtime
- Related in-depth areas: Marital status discrimination - an introduction
- Related companies: Acer Apple ASRock Asus Bestec Power Electronics BYD Canon Compaq (part of HP) Datang Telecom Technology Dell Delta Electronics Epson (part of Seiko) Evoc Intelligent Technology Fittec International Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Fujitsu Fujitsu Technology Solutions (part of Fujitsu) Gateway Hon Hai HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies IBM Konka Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Matsushita (now Panasonic) Microsoft Motorola NEC Nokia Nortel Networks Panasonic Royal Philips Electronics Ruijie Networks (Part of Start Group) Samsung Seiko Sharp Siemens Sony TCL Corporation Toshiba Trigem Tsinghua Tongfang ZTE
Author: Jim Puckett, Sarah Westervelt, Richard Gutierrez & Yuka Takamiya, Basel Action Network
...[Because] of widespread usage of toxic chemicals in today's high-tech equipment...most...electronic wastes are hazardous wastes... [Much] of the growth in the information technology (IT) sector in developing countries has been fueled by the...
- Related stories: Basel Action Network reports large quantities of electronic waste exported from US & Europe to Africa - potentially toxic chemicals often dumped improperly
- Related companies: Apple Compaq (part of HP) Dell Epson (part of Seiko) Gateway HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Matsushita (now Panasonic) Panasonic Pitney Bowes Ricoh Seiko Sharp Sony Toshiba
Author: UN Global Compact
The policy on Communication on Progress (COP), introduced in 2003, was designed to increase transparency around Global Compact companies and their actions in support of the ten principles. Companies are asked to communicate publicly on their progress...
- Related companies: ABN Amro Accor Aditya Birla Group Aéroports de Paris (ADP) Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Allianz Anglo American Aviva BASF BBVA BHP Billiton BOC Group (part of Linde) BP BT Carrefour CDO Foodsphere Central Warehousing Corporation Chennai Petroleum Corporation Cisco Systems Companhia Paranaense de Energia (COPEL) DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danisco Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Diageo EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF Empresas CMPC Epson (part of Seiko) Equals International Ericsson Eskom France Telecom (now Orange) Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) Grupo Nueva Grupo OHL Grupo Pao de Acucar - Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao H&M Hindustan Paper Corporation Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) HP (Hewlett-Packard) ICI Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Indian Oil Corporation Indo Gulf Fertilisers (part of Aditya Birla Group) Infosys Interros ISS ITP Group (Industria de Turbo Propulsores) John Ward Ceylon Ketchum Konkan Railway La Poste Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Lagardère Linde Group Mabuhay Vinyl Mansour Group National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) NBCC Nestlé Nike Norsk Hydro Norske Skog Novartis Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NTPC Pearson Pentland Group Petrobras Pfizer Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Pressalit Group PricewaterhouseCoopers PSA Peugeot-Citroën Publicis RCF (Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers) Renault Repsol YPF RGS Ricoh RUSAL Saint-Gobain SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Sasol Seiko Serendip Productions Severn Trent Shell Société Générale Sofiyska Voda Stora Enso Suez Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Talisman Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Telefónica Textil Santanderina TNT (part of TPG) Toshiba Total Unaxis Unilever Unimasters Logistics Group UPM Vacsera Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Vijayadeep Laboratories Volkswagen Volvo Car (part of Geely) West LB Westpac Winsome Group Wisekey
Representatives from the U.S. electronics industry have endorsed a resolution with state governments and environmental groups to develop sustainable, fair and flexible recycling efforts nationwide, the Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) announced. ...
Author: Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition
[evaluates 28 companies: Apple, Compaq, Dell, e-Machines, Gateway, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Lexmark, Micron, Viewsonic, Brother, Canon, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Matsushita/Panasonic, NEC, Oki, Seiko Epson (part of Seiko), Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Philips, Daewoo,...
- Related stories: press release: Computer Report Card released, Shows U.S. Companies Lagging Far Behind
- Related companies: Acer Apple Canon Compaq (part of HP) Daewoo Electronics Dell Epson (part of Seiko) Gateway Hitachi IBM Matsushita (now Panasonic) Micron NEC Oki Panasonic Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Seiko Sony Toshiba