- Location: 588 Broadway
- Rolling application
PEN America—an organization that stands at the intersection of literature and human rights to protect open expression in the United States and worldwide— seeks a skilled, efficient, and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to support our finance operations.
Reporting to the CFO, the manager will engage in a wide range of activities to support the operations of our growing non-profit organization. The Manager will perform Finance and Administration functions including managing the budgets, monitoring revenues and expenses, accounting practices and conducting audits. The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated and mission-driven staff at a fast-paced organization with an ambitious growth agenda. For a high capacity individual with a willingness to take on new challenges, the position offers opportunity for professional advancement within non-profit operations and management.
PEN America stands at the intersection of literature and human rights to protect free expression in the United States and worldwide. We champion the freedom to write, recognizing the power of the word to transform the world. Our mission is to unite writers and their allies to celebrate creative expression and defend the liberties that make it possible.
- Manage agency budget: prepare annual budget along with CFO for approval by Board of Directors; monitor revenues and expenses; prepare financial statements and reports for Board, executive management, middle managers and funders.
- Monitor expenses and prepare budgets on existing and new programs. Set up systems and controls on financing and release of funds.
- Oversee accounting procedures, including A/R, A/P, bank deposits, month-end closing process and cash management.
- Manage accounting software package (Fund EZ) including maximizing system functionality and insuring data integrity
- Update Program Directors on budget-to-actual departmental results on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with outside accountants, prepare relevant schedules, insure timely completion of adjusting journal entries.
- Initiate reconciliation of Development database and FundEZ for special events
- Work closely with development department to develop timely budget proposals and expense reports.
- Design and conduct internal audits and other internal control tests to assure compliance with procedures.
- Prepare and work closely with external accountants to assure timely completion of all tax returns and other compliance documents.
- Manage the Finance & Administrative Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
For more information about the position and how to apply please follow LInk to Job.