Senior Ethical & Social Responsibility Consultant at Responsible Solutions
Responsible Solutions Limited is a Corporate Responsibility Consultancy that provides tailored solutions that enable businesses to address environmental and ethical issues and profit from a cleaner corporate conscience. We have a reputation both locally and nationally for providing leading edge advice on corporate responsibility issues particularly in the construction sector. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who has the drive and motivation to bring their experience to make a difference in a small, rapidly growing consultancy.
The role will be permanently based at our Mountsorrel office but will involve travel both around the UK and possibly internationally on occasion. (A full driving licence is therefore essential)
The offices of Responsible Solutions Ltd can be found sitting on the banks of the beautiful River Soar in Mountsorrel, Leicestershire. With wide reaching views over the adjacent fields the working environment provides a relaxed atmosphere in a natural and breath taking setting.
This exciting new role is part of the expansion of our services and plan for growth over the coming months and years.
The nature of our projects varies quite widely from providing strategic sustainability advice to organisations; developing, implementing and auditing environmental management systems (including to ISO14001); developing and delivering training programmes; through to communicating performance to customers. We are leading specialists in providing Responsible Sourcing advice and implementing BES6001, mainly to the Construction industry, and provide expertise in Life Cycle Analysis and Environmental Product Declarations. We are currently expanding our service offerings and this is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Ethical and Social Responsibility Consultant to join our team and expand our collective knowledge on a range of standards and schemes such as ILO and UN principles, Ethical Trading Initiative, Social Value Act and Modern Slavery Act, Supply Chain Transparency management and other areas of Corporate Responsibility consultancy.
As a result, we are looking for someone who is flexible and can turn their hand to a variety of tasks, although the precise scope of the role will depend on the prior experience of the successful candidate however, the primary duties will include:
- Deliver a range of environmental and corporate responsibility consultancy services to clients 'requirements within time and budget.
- Be the lead technical expert on standards and schemes related to social responsibility, (e.g. Ethical Trading Initiative, ILO and UN principles, ISO26000, Social Value act, Modern Slavery Act, SA8000)
- Develop, market and deliver ethical and social responsibility services in alignment to company sales strategy.
- Business development within the area of Environmental, Ethical and Corporate Responsibility Training, including lead generation, sales and proposal writing
- Provide support to other corporate responsibility consultancy projects including environmental management system development, responsible sourcing advice and reporting activities
- You will also be expected to deliver projects within time and budget, and ensure client satisfaction. ,
In addition to a passion for helping organisations reduce their environmental impacts and operate in a more ethical way, you will be self-motivated and exhibit a desire to contribute to a small but growing organisation. You must be able to demonstrate knowledge of ethical and social responsibility issues and their management and experience in advising clients on how to deal with them.
You will possess at least a Bachelor level degree but ideally a Masters level (or equivalents) in an ethical or social sustainability discipline, and a minimum of 5 years' experience of advising clients on these issues.
In addition you will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and characteristics:
- A self-starter with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Exceptional Presentation skills
- High level of organisational and interpersonal skills
- A detail conscious approach to work
- High computer literacy is essential but particularly a proven advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel is required.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication and networking skills
A working knowledge and experience of the construction and civil engineering sector would be a distinct advantage.
Job title: Senior Ethical & Social Responsibility Consultant
Closing date: 18 February 2016