Senior Legal Advisor in Business and Human Rights (full-time)
European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR)
- Location: Berlin
- Closing Date: 08/10/2019
The European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR) is an independent, non-profit legal and educational organization dedicated to enforcing civil and human rights worldwide. We initiate, lead and support legal interventions to hold state and non-state actors accountable for human rights abuses.
They are looking for a candidate with an interdisciplinary profile and at least five years of relevant work experience. A legal background is not required, however, a deep understanding of the Business and Human Rights field is.
- Support the Business and Human Rights program
- Research facts and write background reports, legal and political analyses, expert opinions, and possibly legal briefs
- Communicate with partner organizations, government authorities, lawyers, people affected by and seeking justice for human rights abuses
- Take over and be responsible for your own projects
- Participate in and organize events including workshops, conferences and panel discussions
- Advocacy and public relations
- Train Legal Trainees
- A law degree or relevant university degree, for example in economics or political science, with a human rights background
- At least five years’ work experience in relevant fields
- A deep understanding of Business and Human Rights discussions, especially possible interventions and legal mechanisms at national and international levels, or the field of development cooperation
- Solid knowledge about labor exploitation in global supply chains and agribusiness are an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English and good German skills are required, Spanish or French are a plus
- Experience working with organizations and people in Latin America and/or Asia
- Experience and comfort using standard computer software
- Experience in environmental law, field research, and interdisciplinary work is an advantage
- A team-player with high social and negotiating skills
- Willingness and ability to grasp new topics, work with new partners and in diverse teams
- Willingness to travel
- A structured and conceptual approach to work
- Identification with ECCHR’s goals
The position is initially limited to a two-year contract.
Our work is strengthened by the diversity of colleagues at ECCHR. We expressly welcome applications from candidates of all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
Please send your written application in German or English by email only in one attachment to: European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights at [email protected] by 20 October 2019
For more information please follow Link to Job.