Senior Manager Membership and Business Development at CSR Europe
CSR Europe, the leading European business network for corporate social responsibility, is seeking to appoint a Senior Manager to lead its Membership-team (8FTE) in Brussels, Belgium.
This is a new leadership role, reporting directly to the Executive Director, with responsibility to further enhance the membership experience for existing members and to develop and implement added value services to enhance corporate sustainability impact.
This position offers a considerable opportunity for international business exposure within a dynamic, international team. Potential candidates will be expected to have the ability to create his/her own networks and identify ways CSR Europe members can improve their competitiveness through CSR leadership.
You will work closely with clients, managing projects, advising on sustainability topics and communications. You have a good grasp of what sustainability means for business.
Key features of the job are therefore:
- To lead the Membership team with a standardised approach to account management focusing on customer satisfaction and member recruitment.
- To develop new or strengthen the existing service offer based on the needs of the members, the evolving sustainability agenda and the opportunities in the market. Special attention should be given to leverage the existing network of National Partners of CSR Europe.
- To identify and pursue new business opportunities and prepare proposals.
- To identify, prepare and deliver campaign elements whereby current and new members of CSR Europe can actively contribute to the development of European society, by bringing together their business and sustainability activities to deliver a shared programme of social innovation.
- To build partnerships with key organisations that have expertise to contribute to the service offer to our members and that can augment CSR Europe’s external influence and membership.
- To support and develop junior staff in the delivery of the team targets.
- To represent CSR Europe at external events to promote new membership and engage partners personally or through other senior members of the team or CSR Europe’s Board of Directors.
- You are a sharp analyst, clear thinker, good organiser and happy to persevere through challenging times.
- You enjoy working with others and have the ability to manage and lead teams.
- You will be engaged and committed towards promoting the work of CSR Europe and be keen to position our services to new and existing members. You understand and have experience with a wide range of sustainability topics inside companies.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an outgoing personality and passion for client service and relationship building.
- You have an open and customer-driven attitude, and proven strategic thinking and strong project management skills. You have developed these skills through at least 8-10 years of corporate experience.
- You are fluent in English and at least one other EU language. Legal authority to work within the European Union is also required.
Job title: Senior Manager Membership and Business Development
Closing date: 31 January 2016