Senior Specialist, Strategy & Sustainability at Insurance Australia Group
Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG) is the parent company of a general insurance group with controlled operations in Australia, New Zealand and Asia, employing over 15,000 people. IAG is the name behind some of the most trusted and respected general insurance brands providing a wide range of products to protect the homes, lifestyles and businesses of our millions of customers.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to develop and manage IAG’s sustainability positioning and activity for the group, as well as coordinating activities (as appropriate) across IAG’s divisions. This role has responsibility for the management and communication of IAG’s sustainability approach and performance to internal and external stakeholders, including the United Nations Environment Program Finance Initiative (UNEPFI) Principles for Sustainable Insurance (PSI).
The role will support the function of the Group Shared Value Team which is to support IAG deliver on its purpose of making your world a safer place and helping make our communities safer, stronger and more confident.
- Maintain and enhance a broad approach to sustainability that is aligned to and embedded in the Shared Value strategy and in the Group’s Corporate Strategy
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure buy-in and alignment to the strategy
- Identify and execute on appropriate sustainability initiatives that are aligned to the strategy. Regularly engage with IAG’s business divisions on these initiatives and work closely with these teams to execute e.g. energy efficiency and carbon neutrality & water management
- Work closely with Group Corporate Affairs and Group Finance and data owners, furthering IAG’s journey towards integrated reporting
- Lead IAG’s work on our commitments to the UNEPFI PSI, PRI and associated reporting under these programs
- Skills & Experience
Your success in this role will come from:
- Min of 5 years experience in implementing sustainability programs such as energy efficiency, water and waste management
- Sound understanding of shared value and sustainability strategy
- Strong technical expertise in project / initiative governance
- Proficient knowledge of global sustainability frameworks and standards
- Ability to communicate sustainability approach and programs to large corporations
- Proficient influencing skill
- Experience working in ASX100 corporation (preferred)
- Culture & Benefits
When you join IAG we will invest in your career development, and you’ll find a workplace culture you will be proud to be part of. We place great value on supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and giving back to the community. Visit our website for more information about our rewards.
Job title: Senior Specialist, Strategy & Sustainability
Contract: Full time, permanent
Closing date: 26 July 2015