Seventh Generation website: www.seventhgeneration.com
Author: UN Global Compact
87 major companies... are taking action to align their businesses with what scientists say is needed to limit the worst impacts of climate change. Responding to a call-to-action issued in June by a group of business, civil society and UN leaders, the...
- Related stories: Climate Week 2019: Calls for stronger commitments by govts. & companies on climate change
- Related companies: América Movil AstraZeneca Atlassian Bharti Airtel BT Burberry Co-operative Group Danone Deutsche Telekom Dexus EDP (Energias de Portugal) Electrolux Ericsson Firmenich Glovo Guess HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA International Flavors & Fragrances Intuit Klabin L'Oreal Levi Strauss Nepal Tea Development Corporation Ltd (NTDC) (Triveni Group) Nestlé Nokia Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NRG Energy Orange Reliance Industries Saint-Gobain Salesforce.com SAP Scania Schneider Electric Seventh Generation Signify Sodexo Suez Swiss Re Unilever Wipro
33 B Corp CEOs call for Business Roundtable leaders to put words into action by adopting benefit corporation governance structures
Author: B the Change
As the co-founders of the B Corp movement wrote for Fast Company in response to the announcement, “It’s a significant sign of our shifting culture that the country’s largest corporations and the organization representing their interests are revising...
Author: Christine Bader, BSR, in the Atlantic (USA)
"CEOs Aren't as Powerful as Most People Think", 14 May 2015...
Author: Climate Action Programme
"Earth Day: Fortune 500 firms marching on Capitol Hill", 22 Apr 2015...
Author: John Replogle, CEO, Seventh Generation, on CSRwire
Seventh Generation has been working passionately for years to eliminate exposure to toxic chemicals...by supporting sound...legislation, working...to promote...disclosure and use of safer chemicals, and educating consumers...We believe the bi-partisan...
- Related companies: Seventh Generation
Tackling climate change is one of America's greatest economic opportunities of the 21st century (and it's simply the right thing to do).
Author: Business for Innovative Climate and Energy (BICEP)
The very foundation of our country is based on fighting for our freedoms and ensuring the health and prosperity of our state, our community, and our families. Today those things are threatened by a changing climate that most scientists agree is being...
- Related stories: 33 major companies sign declaration calling on US Govt. to implement national strategy to combat climate change
- Related companies: adidas Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Clif Bar eBay Eileen Fisher Intel KB Home Levi Strauss Nestlé Patagonia Seventh Generation Stonyfield Farm Swiss Re Symantec Unilever United Natural Foods (UNFI)
Author: Christine Bader, Kenan Institute for Ethics at Duke Univ. [USA], on CSRwire TalkBack
...[It] is not just our actions at work but our choices at home that matter...[While] gearing up for the birth of my twins in September...[and buying] the necessary supplies, I was at a loss. The baby market exemplifies challenges that I’ve seen in...
- Related companies: Seventh Generation
Author: Brendan May, Ethical Corporation
In 2010, two moments highlighted the importance of a chief executive in driving (or not) the sustainability agenda. Anyone who tuned in to the global webcast launch of Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan in November will have noticed the degree to which...
More than two dozen of the United States' most prominent...companies sent a letter to President Obama today urging...[him] to take a leadership role when he arrives in Copenhagen...and secure a robust international climate agreement. "This agreement...
- Related stories: 28 major US companies call on Obama to lead push at Copenhagen for targeted emissions cuts & finance from rich countries
- Related companies: Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Clif Bar Dow Chemical eBay Eileen Fisher Gap Ingersoll-Rand Levi Strauss Microsoft Nike North Face (part of VF Corp) PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group Seventh Generation Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Sun Microsystems Symantec Timberland (part of VF Corp) Unilever