Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
We firmly reject the premise of this report. We believe InfluenceMap has taken an overly simplistic view of climate policy, the value of engagement, and the complexity of the required transition to a lower carbon energy system. We also don't agree with...
- Related stories: InfluenceMap report alleges misleading climate-related branding & lobbying by major oil & gas companies; BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Shell & Total responded
- This is a response from the following companies: Shell
InfluenceMap report alleges misleading climate-related branding & lobbying by major oil & gas companies; BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Shell & Total responded
In March 2019, InfluenceMap published research finding that the five largest publicly-traded oil and gas majors (ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron, BP and Total) have invested over $1Bn of shareholder funds in the three years following the Paris Agreement on...
Microsoft joins Climate Leadership Council that demands fossil fuel companies be granted legal immunity over liability for emissions
Author: Oliver Milman, Guardian (UK)
"Microsoft joins group seeking to kill off historic climate change lawsuits", 2 May 2019...
Author: Amnesty International
« Nigeria/Pays-Bas : le jugement concernant Shell est « une avancée cruciale vers la justice » », 1er mai 2019...
- Related stories: Quatre veuves Ogonis poursuivent Shell en justice aux Pays-Bas pour complicité supposée dans les exécutions arbitraires de leurs maris Résumé du procès Shell (Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa)
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
- Related companies: Shell
Dutch court rules lawsuit brought by Nigerian activists’ widows against Shell to be heard in Netherlands
Author: Hanz Wetzels, IPS news
"A Treaty to End Corporate Immunity?", 25 Apr 2019...
Nigeria: Int'l inquiry laments double environmental & social standards by oil companies depending on where they are operating
Author: Mike Odiegwu, The Nation (Nigeria)
‘Shock, lamentation as panel probes environmental damage in Bayelsa’ 19 April 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Shell