Headquarters in China
Shenhua Group website: ns.coalinfo.net.cn/shenhua/e1.htm
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Associated British Foods BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp (now Newmont) Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Sasol Shenhua Group Shoprite Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!
Economic cost to society exceeds profits at 20 top fossil fuel companies, says Cambridge Univ. study
Author: Chris Hope, University of Cambridge, in The Energy Collective
“Implicit Climate Subsidy Exceeds Profits at 20 Top Fossil Fuel Companies”...
- Related companies: BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP Chevron China Coal Energy (part of China National Coal Group) Coal India (CIL) ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Consol Energy Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Gazprom Lukoil Occidental Petroleum Peabody Energy Pertamina Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Shenhua Group Total
In March 2015, researchers at the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment at Oxford University published "Stranded Assets and Subcritical Coal: The Risk to Companies and Investors". The report describes sub-critical coal as: "the least efficie...
Author: Yang Xiaohong, China Dialogue
NGOs and legal figures…argue that the third draft of the 1989 Environmental Protection Law…prevents public interest litigation from being brought by anyone except the All-China Environmental Federation (ACEF), some of whose corporate members have...
- Related stories: China: New draft of environmental protection law may prevent most NGOs & citizens from suing polluting companies
- Related companies: Shenhua Group
A project operated by China's largest coal miner, Shenhua Group, has reduced groundwater levels in an Inner Mongolia region and discharged high levels of toxic wastewater…Greenpeace said…Shenhua's coal-to-liquid pilot close to Ordos city…drained more...
Author: Paul Eckert, Reuters
Mongolia's law banning mining in the country's river and forest areas is necessary to protect the mineral-rich…country's environment and herdsmen's livelihoods, President Tsakhia Elbegdorj said…"We have to save our wealth (for) our next generation," he...
Author: Oxfam Hong Kong
[refers to Aluminium Corp of China, Bank of China, Bank of China (Hong Kong), Bank of Communications, Bank of East Asia, Cathay Pacific, Cheung Kong Holdings, China Construction Bank, China Life Insurance, China Merchants, China Mobile, China Overseas,...
- Related stories: Oxfam corporate social responsibility survey of Hong Kong firms - HSBC, China Light Power, China Mobile top ranking
- Related companies: Bank of China Cathay Pacific Cheung Kong China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Merchants China Mobile China Resources Enterprises China Unicom CITIC Pacific CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Cosco Esprit Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Hang Seng Bank Henderson Land Hon Hai HSBC Hutchison Whampoa Li & Fung MTR New World Development PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Shenhua Group Sinopec Sun Hung Kai Properties Swire Group Tencent Wharf Holdings