Short Course: Business and Human Rights
Course | 3 February | London
Business and human rights is an area of international human rights law in continuous development at the international and national levels. On successful completion of BIICL's Business and Human Rights training course participants will:
- Understand the human rights impacts resulting from business activities;
- Be aware of the core concepts and principles established by the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights;
- Understand corporate human rights due diligence requirements and developments at the international, regional, and national levels;
- Consider recent examples of business and human rights issues, including case law; and
- Understand the context of business and human rights as a field of work.
Who is the course for?
The course is for a wide range of professionals interested in business and human rights, including in-house counsel, legal practitioners, NGO representatives, government representatives, academics, PhD students and other professionals.
- Lise Smit, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Dr. Irene Pietropaoli, British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Dr. Claire Bright, Nova University of Lisbon
Course Lead: Lise Smit, Senior Research Fellow in Business and Human Rights and Director, Human Rights Due Diligence Forum.
Pricing and Registration
The course fee is £275 (incl. VAT)