Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Thailand
Siam Cement website: http://www.cementhai.co.th
"Future in the mix for cement companies with some facing entire earnings at risk," Jun 2016...
Author: Boursier.com (France)
« Euronext et Vigeo créent un nouvel indice ESG dédié au marché des Pays Emergents », 23 juin 2015...
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group AngloGold Ashanti Aspen Pharmacare Ayala Barloworld BMCE (Banque Marocaine du Commerce Extérieur) Cairn Energy Cementos Argos Cemex Chunghwa Telecom Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Exxaro Foschini Fresnillo Gold Fields Hankook Tire Hellenic Telecommunication Organisation (see OTE) Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hindustan Unilever Impala Platinum Infosys ITC Kumba Iron Ore Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Liberty National Life Insurance (part of Torchmark) Lonmin Maroc Telecom MOL (see Mitsui O.S.K. Lines or Magyar Olaj Gazi) Natura Nedbank Nestlé NYSE Euronext Pegatron PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Reliance Industries Samsung Sanlam Siam Cement Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Telefónica Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Unilever Vigeo Wipro Woolworths Holdings
Author: Mia Overall, CSR Asia
In Thailand, an environmental crisis at an industrial estate, Map Ta Phut, seems to have pushed companies beyond philanthropy and one step towards a more strategic kind of community investment...Map Ta Phut...is one of the clearest examples of...
Author: CSR Asia
The ‘CSR Asia Business Barometer 2008’ compares the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) disclosure of the 20 largest listed companies in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. To create the ranking 62 indicators were used to score each of the...
- Related companies: British American Tobacco China Construction Bank China Mobile CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Hang Seng Bank HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Mass Transit Railway PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Siam Cement Telekom Malaysia Tenaga Nasional
Author: Association of Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA)
The Taking Stock report focuses on identifying the key investment themes which investors should be evaluating in order to analyze environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues relevant to the largest and highest impact sectors in Asia...banks,...
- Related stories: Association of Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA) & IFC report highlights key themes by sector for analysis of Asian companies' environmental, social & governance performance
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Bank Negara Indonesia Banpu BHP Billiton BYD Celestica Cemex China Exim China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Steel Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Debenhams Dell Flextronics Ford GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Gap Gold Peak Grameen Bank H&M Henan Rebecca Hitachi Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Huawei Technologies IBM IKEA ING Intel Jabil Circuit Jaya Tiasa JPMorgan Chase Kingfisher Kookmin Bank Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Luen Thai NEC New Look Newmont Goldcorp Nike ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Patagonia Pentland Group PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Polo Ralph Lauren Posco PTT Rabobank Reebok (part of adidas) Rimbunan Hijau Royal Philips Electronics Sainsbury's Sanmina-SCI Sharp Shenhua Group Siam Cement Sinar Mas Group Sinopec Solectron Sony Stora Enso Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) UPM Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Yanzhou Coal Yue Yuen
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project, ASrIA, Trucost
In 2006, CDP [Carbon Disclosure Project] extended [its] information request to over 2000 companies in total, which included 125 from Asia excluding Japan... Overall, only 26% of the companies responded to the information request...The mixed response...
- Related stories: Carbon Disclosure Project, in which investors request corporate disclosure on carbon risk & management: ASrIA analyses findings for Asian companies
- Related companies: Aboitiz AXA Banpu Cheung Kong China Life Insurance China Mobile China Netcom China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Steel China Telecom China Unicom Chunghwa Telecom CITIC Pacific CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Dongfang Electric Electricity Generating Public Company Esprit General Electric Guangdong Electric Power Development (part of Guangdong Yudean Group) Guangzhou Development Industry Holdings Hang Seng Bank Henderson Land Hindustan Unilever Hon Hai Hong Kong Electric Huaneng Power International Hutchison Whampoa Hyundai Kia Motor Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) ICICI Indian Oil Corporation Infosys ITC Jardine Matheson Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kookmin Bank Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) MTR NTPC ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Posco PTT Reliance Industries S-Oil Samsung Siam Cement Singapore Airlines Singapore Telecommunications Sinopec State Bank of India Sun Hung Kai Properties Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Telekom Malaysia Tenaga Nasional Wharf Holdings Wipro Woori Financial Group
Author: Cement Sustainability Initiative
[Chapter headings:] Climate protection and CO2 management, Responsible use of fuels and materials, Employee health and safety, Emissions monitoring and reporting, Local impacts on land and communities [participants: Ash Grove Cement, Cemex, Cimpor,...
- Related stories: Cement Sustainability Initiative assesses progress made on its Agenda for Action after three years, including on carbon emissions and occupational health & safety
- Related companies: Ash Grove Cement Cemex Cimpor CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Gujarat Ambuja Cements HeidelbergCement Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Italcementi Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Secil - Companhia Geral de Cal e Cimento Shree Cement Siam Cement Titan Cement Uniland Votorantim