Headquarters in South Africa
Author: The Citizen (South Africa)
‘Tragic start to 2020’ as three mine workers dead in a week, says AMCU’ 19 January 2020...
So. Africa: Gold mining companies issue notice on compensation of miners exposed to dangerous dust since 1965
Author: Pindula News, (Zimbabwe)
‘SA Gold Mines Announce Compensation For Mineworkers Employed From 1965 Onward’ 1 September 2019...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Anglo American So. Africa & AngloGold Ashanti settle ex-gold miners’ silicosis lawsuit
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Anglo American South Africa AngloGold Ashanti Ashanti Goldfields (see AngloGold Ashanti) Sibanye-Stillwater
So. Africa: R5-billion silicosis settlement approved by the Johannesburg high court is not a finite amount
Author: Tshegofatso Mathe, Mail & Guardian (South Africa)
‘Money from the silicosis settlement is not fixed’ 29 July 2019...
So. Africa: Johannesburg High Court approves $353 million class action settlement in lawsuit against mining firms re lung disease
Author: Africa News
"South African court approves $353 million class action settlement", 28 Jul 2019...
Climate activists say new carbon tax response falls short of So. Africa's 2015 Paris Agreement targets
Author: Mfuneko Toyana, Reuters
‘South African carbon tax finally becomes law’ 26 May 2019...
So. Africa: 5 mining companies ask Court to accept 5 billion rand settlement in lawsuits re gold miners affected by silicosis & tuberculosis
Author: Ciaran Ryan, AllAfrica
"South Africa: Five Mining Groups Ask Court to Approve R5 Billion Silicosis Settlement Case", 30 May 2019...
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) So. Africa: Court allows silicosis & tuberculosis class action lawsuits against gold mining companies So. Africa: Gold mining companies to appeal silicosis & tuberculosis class action certification Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Latest Legal News Natural Resources
- Related companies: Anglo American Gold Fields Harmony Gold Sibanye-Stillwater
So. Africa: Labour department threatens to deregister giant mining union as '"it is no longer a genuine trade union"
Author: Alexander Winning and Tanisha Heiberg; Reuters
‘South Africa intends to de-register militant mining union AMCU’ 24 April 2019...
Reuters claims billions' worth of gold smuggled from Africa to the UAE fuels conflict, violates human rights & endangers environment
Author: David Lewis, Ryan McNeill & Zandi Shabalala, Reuters
"Exclusive: Gold worth billions' smuggled out of Africa", 24 April 2019....