Headquarters in South Africa
Author: Responsible Mining Index
"RMI Report 2020", mayo 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Recursos Naturales
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta ArcelorMittal Banpu Barrick Gold BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Bumi Resources China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) Coal India (CIL) Codelco Evraz Exxaro First Quantum Minerals Fortescue Metals Group Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Grupo México Grupo Peñoles Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Newcrest Mining Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Orano (formerly Areva) Peabody Energy Polymetal International Rio Tinto RUSAL Sibanye-Stillwater Teck Resources Vale Vedanta Resources Zijin
Sibanye Stillwater Ltd Chief Executive Officer says South Africa’s mines must be allowed to run at full capacity as a national coronavirus lockdown risks crippling the industry. The government last month permitted miners to restart operations with half...
So. Africa: The Mineral resources dept. publishes guidelines for mining companies as safety and health takes spotlight in the mining industry with 15 Covid-19 confirmed cases
The Department of Mineral and Energy (DMRE) has published the minimum guidelines for companies on managing the Covid-19 pandemic under the terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act, in line with the outcome of the labour court process, and as part of...
Author: Martin Creamer, Creamer Media (South Africa)
‘Sibanye-Stillwater welcomes pragmatic partial mining resumption’ 23 April 2020...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Miners ask court to ensure govt. sets up measures to protect them, as companies welcome decision to re-open
- Related companies: Sibanye-Stillwater
So. Africa: Miners ask court to ensure govt. sets up measures to protect them, as companies welcome decision to re-open
Over a month ago, regulations were put in place to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus in our country by enforcing a strict lockdown – including in the mining industry, which was restricted to only essential operations. Since then, the Minister of...
Author: Tracey Davies, Ground Up (South Africa)
‘Covid-19 shows us that executive pay cuts are possible’ 16 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Absa First National Bank [So. Africa] (part of FirstRand) Mr Price Nedbank (Nedcor) Old Mutual Pick n Pay Prudential Financial Sanlam Sappi Sibanye-Stillwater Standard Bank Vodacom Woolworths Group
Author: Mybroadband (South Africa)
‘South African mining sector prepares measures against coronavirus’ 17 March 2020...
- Related stories: Extractive companies' response to the Covid-19 pandemic So. Africa: Mining companies take measures to fight COVID-19 outbreak, as unions call for summit to tackle the deadly virus
- Related in-depth areas: Natural Resources
- Related companies: Anglo American South Africa Sibanye-Stillwater
Author: Mining Weekly (South Africa)
‘First payments in South African silicosis settlement expected in second quarter’ 5 February 2020...
Author: The Citizen (South Africa)
‘Tragic start to 2020’ as three mine workers dead in a week, says AMCU’ 19 January 2020...
So. Africa: Gold mining companies issue notice on compensation of miners exposed to dangerous dust since 1965
Author: Pindula News, (Zimbabwe)
‘SA Gold Mines Announce Compensation For Mineworkers Employed From 1965 Onward’ 1 September 2019...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Anglo American So. Africa & AngloGold Ashanti settle ex-gold miners’ silicosis lawsuit
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Anglo American South Africa AngloGold Ashanti Ashanti Goldfields (see AngloGold Ashanti) Sibanye-Stillwater