Headquarters in USA
US retailers can now buy gold from conflict-free mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo says the Responsible Artisanal Gold Solutions
Author: Juliane Kippenberg & Jo Becker, Human Rights Watch
"Jewelers CAN Trace Their Gold - Gold from Conflict-Free Mines in Congo Sold in US Jewelry Stores", 2 November 2018...
Author: Human Rights Watch
“Día de San Valentín: Contaminadas las cadenas de suministro del sector de la joyería”, 8 de febrero de 2018...
Report by Human Rights Watch alleges labour rights abuses & child labour in gold & diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands; incl. co responses
The report “The Hidden Cost of Jewelry” by Human Rights Watch documents labour rights violations, child labour and poor working conditions caused by toxic chemicals in gold and diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands. The report scrutinizes...
Author: Human Rights Watch
[Anmerkung: Das Business & Human Rights Resource Centre hat die in dem Bericht genannten Schmuckhersteller um eine Stellungnahme gebeten. Mehr dazu, sowie die Antworten der Unternehmen finden Sie hier.]...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Rohstoffe
- This is a response from the following companies: Aber Diamond Boodle & Dunthorne Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Chopard Christ Harry Winston (part of Swatch) Kalyan Jewellers Pandora Group Richemont Rolex Signet Jewelers Tanishq (part of Titan Industries) Titan Industries (joint venture Tata Group & Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation) Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri (TBZ)
As part of our efforts to take the lead in ensuring the integrity of the global jewellery supply chain, Signet created the award-winning Signet Responsible Sourcing Protocols. Mandatory for all Signet suppliers, these Protocols incorporate best-in...
- This is a response from the following companies: Signet
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Modern slavery Natural Resources
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Jewelers Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
Demand the supply: ranking consumer electronics and jewelry retail companies on their efforts to develop conflict-free minerals supply chains from Congo
Author: Annie Callaway, The Enough Project
The Enough Project’s 2017 conflict minerals company rankings examine 20 of the largest companies...in two of the industries which consume the most tin, tungsten, tantalum, and gold [often referred to as conflicts minerals or 3TG]: consumer electronics...
- Related stories: Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Costco Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.C. Penney Macy's Microsoft Neiman Marcus Panasonic Samsung Sears Signet Sony Target Tiffany Toshiba Walmart
Many companies in high-risk sectors aren’t addressing slavery risks in UK Modern Slavery Act statements, report says
The report published by CORE Coalition provides an overview of how companies are including information in their Slavery and Human Trafficking Statements on the risks of modern slavery in their supply chains and operations. It focuses on 50 companies...