Member of UN Global Compact
Author: Ma Tianjie, chinadialogue
'Oil, monkeys, guerrillas: Chinese companies face problems in the Amazon', 30 November 2017...
- Related stories: Chinese foreign investment in Colombia raise environmental and human rights concern
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: Emerald Energy (part of Sinochem Group) Sinochem
Colombia: Tensions over land and natural resources may threaten peace, according to NGOs analysing challenges of increased foreign investment
Author: Dialogo Chino
“Social opposition to extractive industries hits all-time high in Colombia” – 12 October 2017...
Author: Economía El País
“China profundiza su apuesta por América Latina”...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Minmetals China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Three Gorges Corporation CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Sinochem Sinopec State Grid Corporation of China WISCO (Wuhan Iron & Steel)
Author: AFP et Le Monde (France)
« Explosions à Tianjin : les « confessions » des propriétaires de l'entrepôt », 20 août 2015...
- Related companies: Sinochem
Author: EITI International Secretariat
Chinese companies operating in the 48 EITI implementing countries are…required to disclose information in accordance with the EITI Standard. This includes information about how much they pay to the governments…it also includes oil and mining...
- Related stories: Report finds Chinese companies willing to disclose financial information (e.g. payments to govts) according to EITI Standard
- Related in-depth areas: African region Chinese firms' impacts abroad Extractives, including oil and mines Latin American region Other issues Other regions Southeast Asia
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) China Minmetals China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Nonferrous Metal Mining China Railway Construction CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) PetroChina Sinochem Sinopec Zijin
Author: Elias Cabrera, CorpWatch
…In…Huila…the platforms of…oil wells belonging to Emerald Energy PLC…[are] “destroying the land and water”…This territory is vital to the region’s food security…In 2009, the company was purchased by the Chinese…Sinochem Corporation…In public meetings...
Author: Barry B. Burr, Pensions & Investment
A group of social investment firms plans an e-mail campaign to urge 11 oil companies to either stop operations in Syria or communicate their condemnation of the violent crackdown on protesters to the government…The investors plan to send e-mails to...
Author: Naomi Mapstone, Financial Times
Of the 100 oil and gas contracts Peru has now signed with foreign investors, 89 are for exploration. And most are in the Amazon. More than 70 per cent of Peru’s Amazon is already covered by oil and gas exploration concessions, and companies such as...