Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in China
Author: Mongabay (Latinoamérica)
“Ecuador: polémica por bloques petroleros en la Amazonía y nueva demanda contra el Estado” – 19 de noviembre de 2019...
Ecuador: Andes Petroleum removed from indigenous territories by Ministry of Energy following indigenous resistance
Author: Amazon Watch
“Historic Victory in the Fight for Indigenous Rights and to End Amazon Crude”, 7th November 2019...
Danish pension fund blacklists 10 oil companies over failure to adapt long-term business models to Paris Agreement goals
Author: Rachel Fixsen, Investment & Pensions Europe
The Danish pension fund for academics, MP Pension, has blacklisted 10 of the world’s largest oil firms, a decision that will mean divesting DKK644m (€86m) of stocks....
Peru: Reports about the Human Rights impact by companies from Chile, China and Spain that operate within the country
The Peru NGO Centro de Políticas Públicas y Derechos Humanos - Equidad (the Centre for Public Politics and Human Rights - Equity) presents four reports about the impact on Human Rights by companies that operate in Peru....
After a public (“popular”) consultation on oil extraction was held in Cumaral, Meta, in which 97% of the population said no to extractives, the Colombian Constitutional Court decided a constitutional mechanism tool (tutela) filed by the oil company...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Mansarovar Energy (Joint venture Oil & Natural Gas Corp. and Sinopec) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Sinopec
Latin America: Inter-American Dialogue launches database on Chinese investments in infrastructure projects
Author: The Dialogue
“China’s Transport Infrastructure Investment in LAC: Five Things to Know” – November 13, 2018...
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México H&M Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Sasol Shell Shenhua Group Shoprite Sinopec Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!
Author: Revista Semana
“Registrador le pregunta a la corte qué pasará con las próximas consultas populares” -16 de octubre de 2018...
- Related stories: Colombia: La Corte Constitucional decide a favor de petrolera china Mansarovar Energy en acción de tutela que deja sin piso las consultas populares
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- This is a response from the following companies: Mansarovar Energy (Joint venture Oil & Natural Gas Corp. and Sinopec) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Sinopec