SK E&C (part of SK Corporation)
Headquarters in South Korea
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited SK E&C to respond to a report alleging faulty construction of the collapsed dam that forms part of the Xe-Pian Xe-Namnoy hydropower project in Champassak, Laos. The company did not respond.
- Related stories: Laos: Groups call on companies to be held accountable for collapse of Xe Pian-Xe Namnoy dam
- This is a non response from the following companies: SK E&C (part of SK Corporation)
On July 23, 2018, a dam in the Xe Pian-Xe Namnoy hydropower project collapsed and released massive amount of water that resulted to disastrous flooding in districts of southern Laos....
Author: Daniel Corks, Korea Expose (South Korea)
Construction companies operating in the Gulf are failing to protect migrant workers from abusive working arrangements, showing a concerning lack of transparency on the safeguards they have in place, says Business & Human Rights Resource Centre.....
- Related stories: International media coverage of our outreach to construction firms on migrant worker rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & responses: Outreach to construction firms in Qatar and the UAE
- Related companies: GS Engineering and Construction Hyundai E&C Lotte E&C Samsung C&T SK E&C (part of SK Corporation) Ssangyong Engineering and Construction