Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
Author: Fair Action (Sweden), Fair Finance Guide International, The Future in Our Hands (Norway)
"Shareholders of H&M fail to take responsibility for garment workers’ wages", 31 January 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises Bangladesh: Widespread garment worker protests over minimum wage increase; leads to mass dismissals
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights Living wage
- Related companies: Danske Bank DnB NOR H&M Handelsbanken KappAhl KLP Forsikring Länsförsäkringar Lindex MQ Nordea Bank ODIN Fund Management (part of SpareBank1 Group) SEB Skandia SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge SpareBank 1 SMN SpareBank 1 SR-Bank SpareBank 1 Østlandet Storebrand Swedbank
Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
In February 2019, Fair Action released a report exploring, among other things, the role of Nordic banks (as shareholders) in holding H&M accountable to its promise to ensure living wages for garment workers in its supply chain by 2018, particula...
Author: Aurora Samuelsson, Investment Analyst, ESG, Skandia, Sweden
In short Skandia would like to high light that Skandia have both policies and processes in place to manage sustainability risks and opportunities when analyzing companies in its investment universe. Skandia does also have several “position papers”...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
- Related in-depth areas: Living wage
- This is a response from the following companies: H&M Skandia
Sweden: Lack of investment in climate solutions by fund management co's puts Paris agreement at risk, finds report; incl. co responses
"Turning the tide - The urgent need to shift capital flows to climate solutions: A case study of ten fund management companies", a new report by Swedwatch focuses on the role of the finance sector in reallocating large capital streams towards green...
Author: World Wildlife Fund (Switzerland)
"Biggest EU investors are partly aligned with Paris Agreement but more efforts needed", 4 July 2017...
Author: Swedwatch, Fair Finance Guide
This report focuses on the risks and responsibilities associated with investments in companies that are active in countries with ongoing violent conflicts and humanitarian crises... Using the terminology of the UNGPs, a company that has a business...
- Related stories: Scandinavian banks linked to violations of indigenous peoples’ rights in Borneo; banks respond
- This is a response from the following companies: Skandia