UN human rights mechanisms
Materials by topic > International organizations > UN human rights mechanisms
“Background Note on the State Duty to Protect” [PDF] by Special Representative John Ruggie, prepared for Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights: “Session on Partnerships between Business and Government”, Stockholm, Sweden, 18 Jun 2008
- Explanatory note [DOC]
"Concept Paper on Facilitating Specification of the Duty to Protect" [PDF], John Knox, Professor of Intl. Law, Wake Forest Univ. [USA], 14 Dec 2007
"Business & Human Rights: The Role of States" [PDF] - Summary report on meeting convened by Special Representative John Ruggie, Copenhagen, 8–9 Nov 2007
- Background paper: "The Role of States in Effectively Regulating and Adjudicating the Activities of Corporations With Respect to Human Rights" [PDF]
UN treaty body series:
A series of detailed studies on each United Nations treaty body, prepared on behalf of the Special Representative
- Report 1: "International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination" [PDF], Dec 2006
- Report 2: "International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights" [PDF], May 2007
- Report 3: "International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights" [PDF], Jun 2007
- Report 4: "Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women" [PDF], Sep 2007
- Report 5: "Convention Against Torture" [PDF], Dec 2007
- Report 6: "Convention on the Rights of the Child" [PDF], Jul 2007
Address to the sixth Inter-Committee Meeting of the human rights treaty bodies [PDF] by Special Representative John Ruggie, Geneva, 19 Jun 2007
- "Background paper for those attending the SRSG's address to the sixth Inter-Committee Meeting of the human rights treaty bodies" [PDF]
Request for information from UN Special Procedures [PDF] by Special Representative John Ruggie, 1 May 2007
Addendum 1 to Special Representative's 2007 report to UN Human Rights Council:
State responsibilities to regulate and adjudicate corporate activities under the United Nations core human rights treaties: an overview of treaty body commentaries - click on "E"
tambièn disponible en español - haga click en "S"
aussi disponible en français - cliquez sur le "F"