Member of UN Global Compact
Kenya protesters allege Kenya Commercial Bank, Equity Bank and Stanbic complicit in South Sudan conflict
Author: APA (Senegal)
"Nairobi demo targets funders of S/Sudan conflict"...
- Related stories: Kenyan Banks allegedly "facilitating large scale pillage of South Sudan"; includes KCB's response, Equity Bank & Stanbic did not respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: Stanbic Bank
Kenyan Banks allegedly "facilitating large scale pillage of South Sudan"; includes KCB's response, Equity Bank & Stanbic did not respond
Human rights activists in Nairobi recently took to the streets to push for an official crackdown on Kenya Commercial Bank, Equity Bank and Stanbic Bank for allegedly aiding and abetting the conflict in South Sudan. The Business & Human Rights...
Zimbabwe: NGOs report on implementation of UN Guiding Principles says companies not systematically addressing human rights concerns
Author: Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association & Danish Institute for Human Rights
[The Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association and Danish Institute for Human Rights released a report on the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles in the retail and banking sectors in Zimbabwe and some of the findings are]:..retail and banking...
- Related companies: Stanbic Bank
Author: Victor Ahiuma-Young, Vanguard (Nigeria)
Worried by increasing discrimination against physically challenged persons in the workplace, the International Labour Organisation,ILO, and other stakeholders have taken new steps to put an end to the development…[D]isabled persons experience...
Author: Business Action for Africa & Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative at Harvard Kennedy School
...Business Action for Africa’s 2010 Report...examines how business-driven partnerships are addressing Africa’s development challenges in new and innovative ways… creating new frontiers for sustainable development and growth on the continent...the...
- Related stories: Report examines role of business-driven partnerships in addressing sustainable development in Africa - includes case studies
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Accenture Allianz Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Barclays Bharti Airtel Bristol-Myers Squibb Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Chevron Coca-Cola Danone De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Diamond Trading Company (part of De Beers) ExxonMobil Guinness (part of Diageo) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Mars Nestlé Pfizer SABMiller Shell Stanbic Bank Standard Bank Standard Chartered Syngenta Total Unilever Vodafone Zain
Author: Solidarity Peace Trust [So. Africa]
[refers to Metallon Gold, Stanbic, Commercial Bank of Zimbabwe, African Cables, SABMiller, Edcon, Edgars, Anglo American, Hippo Valley Sugar, Nampak, Hunyani, Truworths, Murray & Roberts]