Headquarters in South Africa
Amid International Calls for Business Help in Fighting Pandemics, Global Honors Point the Way Forward
Author: Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria
The HIV/AIDS winners include Viacom (leadership); Standard Bank (workplace); Telkom, (testing and counseling); Intesa Sanpaolo (community philanthropy); BBC World Service Trust (core competence); Xstrata Coal South Africa (community initiative);...
Author: Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report [USA]
The Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria…award[s] nine companies for their efforts to fight the three diseases among employees…[Awardees include]…The South African company Xstrata Coal…for…improv[ing] HIV services at clinics...
Author: Dani Law, EIRIS [with thanks to Stephanie Maier]
EIRIS’ latest report analyses the corporate response to HIV/AIDS of the top 40 large cap South African companies listed on the FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index. Key findings [include:] Companies perform well on HIV/AIDS strategy but performance on training is...
Author: Global Witness
[F]ailures by banks and the governments that regulate them have caused untold damage to the economies of some of the poorest countries in the world. By doing business with dubious customers in corrupt, natural resource-rich states, banks are...
- Related stories: Global Witness urges banks not to do business with dictators & corrupt govts.
- Related in-depth areas: Finance NGO
- Related companies: Absa Agricultural Bank of China Banco BPI Banco Espírito Santo Bank of China Barclays BNP Paribas Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) China Construction Bank China Development Bank China Exim Citibank (part of Citigroup) Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Danske Bank Deutsche Bank Ecobank Fortis Groupe Banque Populaire HSBC ING JPMorgan Chase KBC Lloyds TSB Natixis Rabobank Riggs Bank (now part of PNC Financial Services) Royal Bank of Scotland Santander Société Générale Standard Bank Standard Chartered UBS West LB
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
Following the increase in the number of CDP signatories, the standard of disclosure over the past seven years since the inception of CDP has increased dramatically... The number of Asian companies responding to CDP 2009 increasedby 39% (51 to 71) from...
- Related stories: Carbon Disclosure Project finds improved disclosure of emissions among world's largest companies - Bayer, BASF, HSBC, Wal-Mart, Chevron lead
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis ACS (Brazil-Ukraine) Adobe Systems Aetna AFLAC Ahold Air Liquide Air Products Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Altria Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power Amgen Anadarko Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Anheuser-Busch InBev ANZ Bank Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland Assicurazioni Generali AstraZeneca AT&T Aviva AXA BAE Systems Baker Hughes Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Banco Itau Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway BG Group BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boeing Bouygues BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Cardinal Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Central Japan Railway Centrica CEPSA Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Telecom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank Con Edison ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) East Japan Railway eBay EDF Edison International Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Ericsson Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx FirstEnergy Fortum FPL Group France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Fuji Photo Film Gas Natural Gazprom GDF Suez Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp Goldman Sachs Google Grupo México H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Heinz Hermès Hess Corporation Hitachi Holcim Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell Hong Kong Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hutchison Whampoa Iberdrola IBM Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Inditex Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Jardine Matheson John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kao KBC KDDI Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Lafarge Linde Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's Medtronic Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi UFJ Mitsui Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Morrisons MTN MTR Munich Re National Australia Bank National Grid Nestlé Newmont News Corporation Nexen Nike Nintendo Nippon Steel Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Norilsk Nickel Northrop Grumman Novartis Novatek Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTPC NTT Data Nucor OCBC Bank Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic Paychex PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Petrobras PetroChina Pfizer PG&E PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Resona Reynolds American Rio Tinto Roche Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi-Aventis Santander SAP Sasol Schering-Plough Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Sempra Energy Seven & i Shin-Etsu Group Siemens Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Sinopec Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Company Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Spectra Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples State Bank of India State Street Statoil Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Metal Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor SunTrust Banks Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters ThyssenKrupp Time Warner Tohoku Electric Power Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tokyo Gas Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transcanada Transocean Turkcell Tyco UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Unilever Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural) Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Verizon Vinci Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Westpac Wilmar International Woolworths Limited Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! YUM! Zurich
UNAIDS and Private sector meet to explore collaboration towards virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission
On 15 March 2010, UNAIDS Executive Director, Michel Sidibé met with more than 15 private sector companies affiliated with the Global Business Coalition on AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GBC). Mr Sidibé…reiterated his call for the virtual elimination...
Author: Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria (GBC)
From an initiative that’s reaching 3.5 million people threatened by TB to a massive expansion of access to cheap anti-malaria medication in 24 African countries, businesses are doing work that is complementing the global health work of governments and...