Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Starbucks website: http://www.starbucks.com
Author: Gregg Moss, 9NEWS
Jeffrey Hollender [CEO of Seventh Generation] is co-author of "What Matters Most," a book that encourages more social responsibility on the part of business leaders...Hollender says consumers, shareholders and the general public are demanding better...
Author: Gretchen Peters, Christian Science Monitor
In one of the world's poorest nations [Egypt], where globalization and free trade often mean shrinking margins for businesses, Sekem...is proving that helping people and making money are not mutually exclusive. [also refers to Body Shop, Ben &...
Author: David Brown, Washington Post
[US]:...18 recommendations of things the federal government could do to help ensure better treatment of workers producing raw materials and finished goods for U.S.-based multinational companies. [refers to Boston Common Asset Mgmt., Levi Strauss,...
- Related companies: Starbucks
[PDF] full report: "Promoting International Worker Rights through Private Voluntary Initiatives: Public Relations or Public Policy?" - A Report to the U.S. Dept. of State
Author: Elliot J. Schrage, commissioned by University of Iowa Center for Human Rights (UICHR)
[refers to soccer ball companies Adidas, Brine, Franklin, Mitre, Mizuno, Moltex Sporting Goods, Nike, Reebok, Saga Sports, Umbro; coffee industry companies Kraft (part of Altria), Nestlé, Procter & Gamble, Sara Lee, Starbucks; toy-related companies...
- Related stories: Codes of conduct: New report examines their effectiveness & points to need for greater U.S. government support
- Related companies: Altria Archer Daniels Midland Barry Callebaut Blommer Chocolate Brine (part of New Balance) Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Cargill Chicco Franklin Sports Guittard Hershey Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Mars Mattel Mitre Sports Mizuno Moltex Sporting Goods Nestlé Nike Procter & Gamble Reebok (part of adidas) Saga Sports Sara Lee Sears Starbucks Toys R Us Umbro Walt Disney World's Finest Chocolate
[PDF] Coffee & Codes - Overview of codes of conduct and ethical trade initiatives in the coffee sector
Author: Bart Slob & Joris Oldenziel, SOMO (Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations)
This report contains an overview of initiatives of monitoring and verification of codes of conduct in the agricultural sector, with an emphasis on the coffee sector. [refers to Ahold, Java Trading, Neumann Kaffee, Kraft (part of Altria), Nestlé,...
More than a dozen manufacturers, retailers, and shipping companies have announced the Clean Cargo Environmental Performance Survey for shippers to gauge their carriers’ environmental management performance and address the environmental impacts of their...
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry
- Related companies: APL Limited (part of Neptune Orient Lines) Atlantic Container Line Chiquita Del Monte Foods Evergreen Group Evergreen Marine (part of Evergreen Group) General Motors Great White Fleet (part of Chiquita) Hapag-Lloyd Group Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA K Line Mattel New United Motor Manufacturing (joint venture General Motors & Toyota) Nike NYK Line OOCL (part of Orient Overseas (International) Limited) P&O (part of Dubai World) P&O Nedlloyd (joint venture between P&O and Royal Nedlloyd) Royal Nedlloyd Starbucks Teragren Toyota Williams Sonoma
Author: Anand Panyarachun, former Prime Minister of Thailand, in Bangkok Post
The following address was delivered on Sept 18 by former prime minister Anand Panyarachun, at the Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility..."The significance of CSR has escalated in the global market place. In recent years, many companies which...
Starbucks Latin American President Julio Gutierrez said the new Peruvian brand coffee, which comes from the southern jungle valley of Tambopata and has been developed with environmental group Conservation International, was proof of the company's fair...
- Related companies: Starbucks