Headquarters in USA
Starwood Hotels website: http://www.starwood.com
Author: Faris Natour
"Respecting Human Rights in the On-Demand Economy: Closing the New Governance Gap," 11 April 2016...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Specific Instance between Intl. Union of Food, Agriculture, Hotel, Restaurant, Catering, Tobacco & Allied Workers' Associations (IUF) and Starwood Hotels & Resorts for conduct in Maldives & Ethiopia
Author: U.S. National Contact Point for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
The USNCP offered mediation to the parties...[which] resulted in an agreement... [The parties] authorized public dissemination of the following joint statement:...
- Related stories: Complaints over labour rights against Starwood, PepsiCo before US National Contact Point for OECD Guidelines - report on outcomes
- Related companies: Starwood Hotels
Author: Article One
Article One: As Vice President of Social Responsibility at Starwood Hotels you lead the company’s human rights work. How were you able to ensure human rights was high on the company’s agenda? ...
- Related stories: Interview series: 5 questions for business & human rights leaders
- Related companies: Starwood Hotels
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
On human rights day, investors affirm responsibility of business to safeguard human rights in global supply chains
Author: Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility
In commemoration of Human Rights Day 2013, today members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, a coalition of faith-based and socially responsible investors, announced that they would begin a month-long campaign in January to urge...
- Related stories: USA: Social investors to run month-long campaign in January calling on 15 firms in food, hospitality sectors to tackle trafficking, forced labour in supply chains
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Choice Hotels ConAgra Costco Darden Restaurants Delta Air Lines Hyatt Kroger Mondelēz International Southwest Airlines Starwood Hotels Target US Airways
Author: Human Rights Campaign
This year, an historic 304 major businesses…scored 100 percent on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” These companies adopted a full framework of LGBT inclusion in the workplace,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases ranking of “best places to work for LGBT equality”
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acerinox Aetna AIG Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alston & Bird AMC Networks American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Express Ameriprise Financial Apple Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AT&T Automatic Data Processing Avon AXA Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BlackRock Blue Cross BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Bristol-Myers Squibb Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cargill Charles Schwab Chevron Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox Coca-Cola Comcast Corning Covington & Burling Credit Suisse Cummins Danaher Darden Restaurants Dechert Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLA Piper Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts EMC EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Fenwick & West Ford Freddie Mac GameStop Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher Giorgio Armani GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Hartford Financial Services Herman Miller Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hyatt IBM Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Land O'Lakes Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Littler Mendelson Lockheed Martin Marriott Marsh & McLennan MasterCard McDermott Will & Emery McKesson McKinsey Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nielsen Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Northern Trust Novartis Office Depot Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman PNC Financial Services PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Publicis Qualcomm Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rockwell Automation Salesforce.com SAP Sears Sempra Energy Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Staples Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels Sun Life Financial SunTrust Banks Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Thomson Reuters Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota UBS Unilever Union Bank of California United Continental United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Volkswagen Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool White & Case Wyndham Xerox Yahoo!
Author: Harry Stevens, TriplePundit (USA)
Dozens of Hyatt hotel workers gathered outside the company’s annual shareholders’ meeting in Chicago last week to protest what they call “longstanding labor abuses” by the [company]...The protesters were members of UNITE HERE, a labor union...[that]...