State Farm Insurance
State Farm Insurance website: www.statefarm.com
Author: AccountAbility & csrnetwork
The world’s largest companies have a long way to go in demonstrating accountability to their stakeholders...The top 10 companies...were: BP, Suez, Royal Dutch/Shell Group (Shell), Unilever, Carrefour, Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toyota Motor, Hewlett...
- Related stories: AccountAbility & csrnetwork rate how well the world's 100 largest companies account for their impacts on society & environment
- Related companies: AIG AmerisourceBergen Assicurazioni Generali Berkshire Hathaway Boeing BP Cardinal Carrefour China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Costco Dai-Ichi Mutual Life Insurance E.ON EDF Freddie Mac HP (Hewlett-Packard) Kroger McKesson Nestlé Nippon Life Insurance PSA Peugeot-Citroën SBC Communications (now AT&T) Sears Shell Sinopec State Farm Insurance Suez Sumitomo Life Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toyota Tyco Unilever Vodafone Walmart
Author: David Kravets, Associated Press
Brad Seligman made millions early in his career at a small Oakland law firm -- so much money that it made him uncomfortable. That discomfort has transformed the former hippie into one of the country's most recognized class-action attorneys, taking on...
Author: Travis Reed, Associated Press
A lawyer is accusing several Florida home insurers [including Allstate & State Farm] of systematically defrauding hundreds of minorities out of millions of dollars in claims from 2004's devastating hurricanes. Alan Garfinkel said Tuesday most of...
Author: Roger Maynard, Times [UK]
...Ms Rich returned home to Sydney from London to pursue a A$10 million claim against PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) partners, including the firm’s chief executive, over allegations of sexual harassment and discrimination, victimisation and bullying......
[PDF] full report: "The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2005-2006"
Author: Human Rights Campaign
- Related stories: USA: 2005-6 "State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans" - 86% of Fortune 500 companies now prohibit sexual orientation discrimination
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland AT&T AutoNation Avaya Avery Dennison Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Blockbuster Boeing Borders BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cendant (now Avis Budget) Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group Cincinnati Financial Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gannett Gap Gateway General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper International Steel Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg's Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kmart (part of Sears) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel May Department Stores Maytag MBNA (part of Bank of America) McDonald's MCI McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Mirant Mohawk Industries Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Publix RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland Safeway (USA) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wells Fargo Wendy's Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM!
Author: Evan Mills, Staff Scientist, US Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory; Eugene Lecomte, President Emeritus of Institute for Business & Home Safety; for Ceres
...while climate change poses potential threats, it also creates vast new business opportunities... [Insurers] have a huge opportunity today to develop creative loss-prevention solutions and products that will reduce climate-related losses for...
- Related stories: Ceres report says insurers developing new products to tackle climate change, but more firms should offer such products
- Related companies: ACE Group Aegon Aetna AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) AIG Aioi Insurance Allianz Allstate American Modern Insurance (part of Midland Company) American National Insurance Aon Aspen Insurance Aviva AXA Berkshire Hathaway Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Duke Energy Ergo (part of Munich Re) Fireman's Fund (part of Allianz) FM Global GEICO (part of Berkshire Hathaway) General Motors Gerling Group GMAC (now Ally Financial) Goldman Sachs Groupama Hanover Insurance Harleysville Insurance Hartford Financial Services Hartford Steam Boiler (part of AIG) Insurance Australia Group KBC Legal & General Lloyd's of London Marsh & McLennan Marsh (part of Marsh & McLennan) Metlife Midland Company Millea Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Munich Re Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nedbank New York Life Norwich Union (part of Aviva) NSTAR Phoenix Companies Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Prudential plc Ras (part of Allianz) RNK Capital Safeco Solomon Associates (part of AIG) State Farm Insurance Storebrand Sumitomo Group Swiss Re Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Travelers UnumProvident USAA Wellpoint Zurich
Author: Karen Gullo & Margaret Cronin Fisk, Bloomberg News
Wal-Mart...lost a bid to prevent 2 million current and former female workers from proceeding as a group with sex bias claims in the largest employment lawsuit in U.S. history... "Expert opinions, factual evidence, statistical evidence and anecdotal...