Equinor (formerly Statoil)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Norway
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Statoil became StatoilHydro in May 2007, following a merger with the oil and gas division of Norsk Hydro, then changed its name back to Statoil in November 2009. Norsk Hydro retained its metals and other businesses. The name Equinor was adopted in 2018.
Author: Michael Fichter (Global Labour University of Germany) & Dimitris Stevis (Colorado State University), Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
Global Union Federations have made significant progress in advancing Global Framework Agreements that create arenas for labor relations based on the Core Labor Standards of the...ILO. These Agreements...are a means of setting minimum standards and...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association USA
- Related companies: Accor Adecco Arcelor Mittal BMW Bosch Daimler Danone EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) FCC Ferrovial Freudenberg G4S GEA Group H&M Hochtief IKEA Impregilo ISS Italcementi Kelly Services Lafarge Leoni ManpowerGroup Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Prym Randstad Rheinmetall Rhodia SCA Securitas Siemens Skanska SKF Sodexo Statoil VolkerWessels
Author: CCFD-Terre Solidaire (France) et la CERN et ADEV Congo (Rép. dém. du Congo)
Ce rapport s’intéresse aux impacts des activités de l’entreprise Perenco, société pétrolière opérant en RDC à travers deux filiales (Perenco Rep. et MIOC), comme illustration des limites actuelles de la responsabilité et la redevabilité des entreprises...
- Related stories: Rép. dém. du Congo : Un nouveau rapport de CCFD-Terre Solidaire souligne les impacts sociaux et environnementaux des activités de Perenco à Muanda
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos « conflits et paix »
- Related companies: BNP Paribas BP Chevron Crédit Agricole Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil HSBC ING Perenco Royal Bank of Scotland Shell Société Générale SOCO International Standard Chartered Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Total
Author: David Arnold, Voice of America
Significant oil reserves have been discovered in Uganda and Kenya in recent years. However before Kenyans and Ugandans can benefit from the discoveries infrastructure challenges, political issues and special interests must be overcome say experts.....
Author: Kofi Annan, Africa Progress Panel
The wise management of Africa’s incredible natural wealth is a high priority...Africa’s governments must manage these resource revenues wisely to lift millions of people out of poverty...Africa’s natural resource wealth rightly belongs to the...
Author: The Moscow Times
Greenpeace said...two of its activists scaled the Prirazlomnaya oil platform in Arctic waters in a fresh protest over the potential threat to the environment from operations slated to start by the end of the year. Production at the Gazprom-owned rig.....
Extractive industries and the challenges of implementing Voluntary Principles in Weak Governance Zones
In South Africa during August 2012, Lonmin...experienced violent clashes between security forces and employees resulting in an estimated 44 deaths (mostly employees) and over a month of disruption to operations…[I]n May 2013, citing the company’s poor...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for lawsuit against Statoil alleging the company had made false promises and misrepresentations about the plaintiff's position of Human Rights Advisor.]
- Related companies: Statoil
Author: Oxfam America
International relief and development organization Oxfam America applauded the European Parliament for voting...to give its final approval to a new mandatory payment disclosure requirement for the oil, gas and mining industries that will complement a...
Author: Robert Ahearne, in Think Africa Press (UK)
On 22 May, 2013 protests and street battles erupted in...Mtwara in response to the government’s handling of mineral resource wealth...[A] researcher...highlighted that it is necessary to engender genuine engagement with local populations when...