Equinor (formerly Statoil)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Norway
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Statoil became StatoilHydro in May 2007, following a merger with the oil and gas division of Norsk Hydro, then changed its name back to Statoil in November 2009. Norsk Hydro retained its metals and other businesses. The name Equinor was adopted in 2018.
Author: Ian Fraser, Sunday Herald [UK]
THE sometimes murky payments made by oil majors to the governments of such developing nation-states as Angola, Iran, Kazakhstan, Libya and Nigeria are set to come into the open following an initiative led by fund managers Isis Asset Management...Isis...
[PDF] full report: "The Materiality of Social, Environmental and Corporate Governance Issues to Equity Pricing: 11 Sector Studies by Brokerage House Analysts at the Request of the UNEP Finance Initiative Asset Management Working Group"
Author: UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative
[contributions by ABN Amro, Deutsche Bank, Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (part of Dresdner Bank, which is part of Allianz), Goldman Sachs, HSBC, NikkoCitigroup (joint venture Nikko Cordial & Citigroup), Nomura, UBS, West LB. Also includes...
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz BP British Airways Centrica CEPSA Chevron Citigroup Deutsche Bank Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) E.ON easyJet Electrabel Eni ExxonMobil Foschini Goldman Sachs Honda Iberdrola Iberia Lufthansa Lukoil Marathon Oil Matsushita (now Panasonic) Mitsubishi Group Mr Price Nikko Cordial Nomura Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) OMV RWE Ryanair Sanyo (part of Panasonic) Scottish and Southern Energy Sharp Shell Statoil Toyota UBS West LB Woolworths Holdings Yukos
Statoil has become a member of the Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights...Statoil represents the energy sector in this initiative, with other corporate members including ABB (power and technology), Barclays (finance) and MTV (communication and...
Author: ISIS Asset Management
[PDF] reo® stands for Responsible Engagement Overlay. The objective of reo® is to use the influence that ISIS has through its share ownership and that of its clients to encourage investee companies to enhance their business performance by adopting...
- Related stories: Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Altria Anglo American Avon BHP Billiton British American Tobacco Chevron Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Dell Gap General Electric Merck Nestlé Newmont Safeway UK (part of Morrisons) Sara Lee Standard Chartered Starbucks Statoil Talisman Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Doug Wheat, SocialFunds.com
Yesterday, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) announced the results of its once a year review of corporate sustainability best-practice. [Companies on DJSI World Index included: General Electric, Staples, 3M, adidas-Salomon, Barclays, Canon,...
Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights - Submission to the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights relating to the “Responsibilities of transnational corporations and related business enterprises with regard to human rights”
Author: Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights
[Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights member companies: ABB, Body Shop, Hewlett-Packard, MTV Networks Europe, National Grid Transco, Novartis Foundation for Sustainable Development, Novo Nordisk, Statoil, Barclays]
Author: Sune Skadegard Thorsen, Partner in Lawhouse.dk and Director of Corporate Responsibility Ltd., in Oil, Gas & Energy Law Intelligence (OGEL)
A more comprehensive human rights based strategy, that would target issues that have not yet been on the radar screen of industry critics, does not appear to emerge clearly from any of the actors, including front-runners like BP, Statoil, and Shell,...
[PDF] full report: "Third Fact Finding Mission Azerbaijan- Georgia -Turkey Pipeline Project Azerbaijan Section"
Author: Amis de la Terre, CEE Bankwatch Network, Green Alternative, Friends of the Earth, Centre for Civic Initiatives - Azerbaijan
[refers to BP, State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR), Unocal, Statoil, Turkish Petroleum (TPAO), ENI, Total, Itochu, Delta Hess (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil]
- Related stories: BP's Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline: Two reports raise concerns about social impacts
- Related companies: BP Delta Hess (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Eni Hess Corporation Itochu State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) Statoil Total Turkish Petroleum (TPAO) Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Sir Geoffrey Chandler, Founder-Chair, Amnesty International UK Business Group 1991-2001 and a former Director of Shell International, in Oil, Gas & Energy Law Intelligence (OGEL)
The growth of oil wealth in many developing countries has fuelled the ability of governments to invest in armaments, to engage in the construction of buildings for prestige rather than utility, and to transform small-scale corruption into personal or...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: BP Chevron ExxonMobil Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Shell Statoil Talisman Texaco (part of Chevron) Unocal (part of Chevron)