Equinor (formerly Statoil)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Norway
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Statoil became StatoilHydro in May 2007, following a merger with the oil and gas division of Norsk Hydro, then changed its name back to Statoil in November 2009. Norsk Hydro retained its metals and other businesses. The name Equinor was adopted in 2018.
"Historic lawsuit against Arctic oil," 18 Oct 2016...
"The confederacy of conscience keepers" - A critical look at the UN Forum on Business & Human Rights
Author: Sudeep Chakrabarti, Livemint
Over 14-16 November in Geneva, several hundred UN bureaucrats, lawyers, representatives of major corporations and human rights practitioners will gather at the fifth edition of the UN Forum on Business and Human Rights. They will deliberate on this...
Statoil - Response to Human Rights Policy and Practice Survey for Business & Human Rights Resource Centre's Company Action Platform
- Related stories: Statoil’s submission to the Corporate Human Rights Benchmark disclosure platform
- Related companies: Statoil
Author: Benjamin Hulac, Environment & Energy Publishing (E&E) (USA)
"Spurred by Paris, shareholder climate resolutions reach new high", 9 Mar 2016...
Author: Rachel Tansey, Open Democracy UK
"Looking back at the corporate circus inside COP21", 12 Jan 2016...
- Related stories: Civil society & business reactions to Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: BMW BNP Paribas BP Caterpillar Chevron ConocoPhillips Dow Chemical EDF Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) ExxonMobil Ford LafargeHolcim McDonald's Monsanto Nestlé Pfizer Shell Statoil Total Vattenfall Volkswagen
Evaluation of the implementation of legislation on Labor, economic and social rights of Azerbaijan’s oil sector Report on 2015
Author: Oil-Workers’ Rights Protection Organization (OWRPO)
...The purpose of the report is to assess the implementation of legislation on labor and social rights in oil sector of Azerbaijan...Labor legislation violations in the extractive industries of the country have been observed...As a result, rights of...
- Related stories: Azerbaijan: Oil workers’ rights abuses include non-payment of wages, discrimination, lack of union rights, health & safety violations, says NGO report; includes firms comments
- Related companies: BP Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) Statoil