Equinor (formerly Statoil)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Norway
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Statoil became StatoilHydro in May 2007, following a merger with the oil and gas division of Norsk Hydro, then changed its name back to Statoil in November 2009. Norsk Hydro retained its metals and other businesses. The name Equinor was adopted in 2018.
The 18th World Petroleum Congress (WPC) has given its prestigious excellence award for best social project to Statoil in recognition of its support for the Akassa people of Nigeria... Statoil has cooperated since 1997 with the Pro Natura International...
- Related companies: Equinor (formerly Statoil)
Author: Kevin Sullivan, Washington Post
Five farmers from these wind-swept coastal boglands have been locked up in a Dublin prison for nearly three months for blocking construction of a $1.1 billion natural gas pipeline and refinery by the Shell oil group...the farmers and their supporters.....
Author: Utopies, SustainAbility, Programme des Nations Unies pour l'Environnement (PNUE)
Alors que la loi sur les nouvelles régulations économiques prend de l'importance, le reporting de développement durable des entreprises françaises a gagné en maturité...Concernant les principales avancées, on peut noter d'une part les progrès des...
- Related stories: Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses)
- Related companies: Accor Aéroports de Paris (ADP) AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Air France KLM Air Liquide Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom Altadis Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Atos (formerly Atos Origin) Auchan AXA Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BNP Paribas Body Shop (part of Natura) Bouygues BP British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) British American Tobacco BT Caisse d'Epargne Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Capgemini Carrefour Casino Cinven Club Med CNP Assurances Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Danone Dexia EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF Eiffage Enron Equinor (formerly Statoil) Essilor ExxonMobil France Telecom (now Orange) Galeries Lafayette Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) Groupama Groupe Banque Populaire Halliburton Havas Hermès HP (Hewlett-Packard) Imerys Intermarché Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kesko L'Oreal Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Lagardère Leclerc LVMH Marks & Spencer MCI (part of Verizon) Metaleurop Michelin Monoprix Monsanto (part of Bayer) MTN Natixis Natura Nature & Découvertes Nike Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Orange Orano (formerly Areva) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Pernod Ricard Pierre et Vacances PSA Peugeot-Citroën Publicis Rabobank Rémy Cointreau Renault Rhodia RWE Saint-Gobain Sanofi Sasol Schneider Electric SCOR SEB Shell SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer) Snecma (part of Safran) Société Générale Sodexo ST Microelectronics Suez Technip FMC (formerly Technip) TF1 Thales Thomson SA Total Unibail Unilever Valeo Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Vinci Vivendi
Author: Kazakhstan International Oil & Gas Exhibition & Conference
A Memorandum on a Mutal Understanding of the Implementation of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative was signed yesterday in Almaty…The document was signed by...the Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources of Kazakhstan...the president of ...
Author: Jean-Christophe Peuch, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
BP leads the international consortium... Other consortium members include Azerbaijan’s State Oil Company [State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR)]; Turkish Petroleum; Unocal [part of Chevron], ConocoPhillips, and Amerada Hess of the United States;...
- Related stories: Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline inaugurated among lingering concerns over effects on environment & poverty
- Related companies: BP Chevron ConocoPhillips Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Hess Corporation INPEX Itochu State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) Total Turkish Petroleum (TPAO) Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Paul Colgan, Irish Echo
The five men Mayo men, known as the Rossport Five, who had been imprisoned for protesting against the building of a gas pipeline through their small community, were released from jail after 94 days...The men had protested against plans by energy giant...
“BLIHR” est...un programme de trois ans destiné à mettre au point une réponse des entreprises sur la question des droits de l’homme...“BLIHR” rassemble 10 entreprises : ABB, Barclays, Gap, Hewlett-Packard [HP], MTV, National Grid Transco, Novartis,...