Sterling (part of Signet)
Headquarters in USA
USA: Appeals court revives Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's gender bias case against Kay Jewelers
Author: Amanda Bronstad, The National Law Journal
"Gender Bias Case Revived Against Nation's Biggest Jeweler", 11 Sep 2015...
Author: International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers Association (ICoCA)
Founding Industry Members ACADEMI, AEGIS, AGEMA Svcs., Al Hurea, Al Thuraya Consultancy, Edinburgh Intl., Edson Tiger, Ekpedefsi Epikinonia, KK Security, Kryptais Group Intl., Pheonix Maritime Protection, Pilgrims Group, Plexus Consultancy, Special...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Academi (formerly Blackwater) Aegis (see Aegis Defence Services) Aegis Defence Services (part of Aegis Group) Aegis Group Al Hurea Al Thuraya Consultancy Allies Incorporated Anticip Control Risks DynCorp Erinys International Frontier Horizons G4S GardaWorld Hart KK Security Lingwood Security Management OGM International Olive Group Pilgrims Security Saladin Security Secure Shipping Signet Solace Global Maritime Special Response International (SRI) Sterling (part of Signet) Triple Canopy Unity Resources Group
Author: Associated Press
A lawsuit against a nationwide chain of jewelry stores claims female workers were discriminated against and some were sexually harassed. The lawsuit by current and former employees claims that Sterling Jewelers [part of Signet] practices a pattern of...
Author: No Dirty Gold
...11 jewelry retailers are announcing their support for the No Dirty Gold campaign's Golden Rules criteria for more socially and environmentally responsible mining, bringing the total number of jewelry retailers supporting the Golden Rules up to 19.....
- Related stories: No Dirty Gold campaign recognises commitment to social & environmental rules by 19 jewellery sellers including Birks & Mayors, QVC, Tiffany, Wal-Mart, Zale - Target pressured to join
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Berkshire Hathaway BHP Billiton Brilliant Earth Cartier (part of Richemont) Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) De Beers Fortunoff Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Kroger Liberty Media Piaget (part of Richemont) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Signet Sterling (part of Signet) Target Tiffany Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Eight of the World’s Leading Jewelry Retailers Urge Mining Industry To Clean Up 'Dirty' Gold - No Dirty Gold campaign applauds jewelry industry leaders on Valentine’s Day
Author: Oxfam America
For the first time ever, eight of the world’s top jewelry retailers have pledged to move away from “dirty” gold sales and are calling on mining corporations to ensure that gold is produced in more socially and environmentally responsible ways. The...
- Related in-depth areas: Supply chain/"Fair trade" - an introduction
- Related companies: Berkshire Hathaway Cartier (part of Richemont) Fortunoff Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) J.C. Penney Jostens Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Kmart (part of Sears) Kroger Liberty Media Piaget (part of Richemont) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Rolex Sears Signet Sterling (part of Signet) Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Whitehall Jewellers
Author: Oxfam America
...No Dirty Gold campaign took out the first in a series of ads...in national publications...[that] call on jewelry firms, and other businesses that use gold, to insist the gold they buy—and sell—is produced in ways that do not harm communities,...
Author: Jim Lobe, Inter Press Service
Marking the second anniversary of their "No Dirty Gold" campaign, EARTHWORKS and Oxfam America are reminding consumers that the production of a single 18-carat gold ring weighing less than one ounce generates on average at least 20 tonnes of mine...
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Barrick Gold Berkshire Hathaway Cameco Cartier (part of Richemont) Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Freeport-McMoRan Gold Fields Harry Winston (part of Aber Diamond) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) J.C. Penney Kroger Liberty Media Newmont Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Sears Signet Sterling (part of Signet) Tiffany Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Author: Earthworks/Mineral Policy Center and Oxfam America
"We're asking consumers to consider the real cost of gold, and we're enlisting their help to put an end to mining practices that endanger people and ecosystems." [refers to Cartier (part of Richemont), Piaget (part of Richemont), Wal-Mart, Zale,...