Headquarters in USA
According to Stonyfield Farm's website, "In December, 2003, Danone purchased all non-employee owned shares of Stonyfield stock, enabling it to achieve majority ownership of the company, and thus consolidating Stonyfield's financial results. But in a unique...relationship, Gary Hirshberg, Chairman, President and CE-YO, continues to manage the company independently, and also retains majority board, control." See Stonyfield Farm & Groupe Danone Partnership Summary.
Author: Nat Levy, GeekWire
...[D]riving progress on addressing climate change is what’s best for the economic health, jobs, and competitiveness of our companies and our country... [W]e stand by our conviction that a commitment to the Paris Agreement requires a just transition...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: ABB adidas Adobe Systems Allianz Alphabet Aon Apple Atlassian Autodesk Bank of America Bertelsmann Brown-Forman Corporation Cargill Chobani Citigroup CMS Energy Coca-Cola Corning Dana Décathlon DuPont Ecolab Edison International Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Gap Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Gucci Henkel Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA InterContinental Hotels Kering Levi Strauss Mars MasterCard Microsoft Mondelēz International National Grid Nestlé NRG Energy Patagonia PepsiCo PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Stonyfield Farm Tesla Motors Thrive Global Tiffany Total Unilever Verizon Virgin Group Walt Disney Zurich
33 B Corp CEOs call for Business Roundtable leaders to put words into action by adopting benefit corporation governance structures
Author: B the Change
As the co-founders of the B Corp movement wrote for Fast Company in response to the announcement, “It’s a significant sign of our shifting culture that the country’s largest corporations and the organization representing their interests are revising...
Author: Michael Grothaus, FastCompany
"Patagonia, Ben & Jerry's, and 30 other companies tell the Business Roundtable CEOs to put up or shut up," 26 Aug 2019...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
B Corp movement should further integrate human rights to achieve goal of transforming capitalism, say researchers
Author: Joanne Bauer & Elizabeth Umlas, Stanford Social Innovation Review
Do Benefit Corporations Respect Human Rights? Fall 2017...
10 food & beverage companies recognise importance of sustainable agriculture to develop climate resilience
Author: Sara Sciammacco, Ceres
"Global Food and Beverage Executives Call for Action on Climate and Food Security at COP22", 17 Nov 2016...
Author: Elsa Wenzel, GreenBiz
Among hundreds of corporations backing COP21 climate actions, few are trekking to Paris, instead backing blockbuster commitments or coalitions to represent them…Here are some of the bulkiest groups…Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is teaming up with...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: ABB Abengoa Alcoa Alibaba.com Alphabet Alstom Amazon.com Anglo American Apple AT&T Bank of America Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP BT Calpine Clif Bar Coca-Cola Commerzbank Dow Chemical Eni Facebook General Mills General Motors Glencore Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Hershey Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA Intel JPMorgan Chase Kellogg KPN LafargeHolcim Levi Strauss Mars McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto Morgan Stanley National Grid Nestlé Pemex PepsiCo PG&E Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics Salesforce.com Saudi Aramco Schneider Electric Shell Siemens Starbucks Statoil Stonyfield Farm Suez Swiss Re Total Unilever UPS Virgin Group Wells Fargo Xerox
Author: Ben & Jerry's, Clif Bar, Danone, General Mills, Kellogg, Mars, Nestlé, New Belgium Brewing, Stonyfield Farm, Unilever
As heads of some of the world’s largest food companies, we have come together today to call out [the] opportunity [to take action at Paris COP-21 that could change our world for the better]...Climate change is bad for farmers and for agriculture....
Author: Mathieu Jahnich, dans L'Express (France)
La réglementation pousse les entreprises à publier toujours plus d'informations sur les conséquences sociales et environnementales de leur activité et sur leurs engagements sociétaux…30 experts…ont livré leur vision des tendances ou les points clés à...