Strategic Communicator at IKEA Group Sustainability
Are you passionate about sustainability and communication? Do you have strong drive and energy? Do you want to be part of something big? Then we are looking for you!
Communicating sustainability is an important part of positioning IKEA as a unique, meaningful and trusted brand. It enables us to create strong and lasting connections with co-workers and customers by engaging with them in a way that shows we understand them.
This strategic role is an important aspect of positioning IKEA as a leader in sustainability, and creating strong and meaningful connections with customers, co-workers and stakeholders. It has two key areas of focus:
- Sustainability reporting – project leading IKEA Group annual sustainability reporting (for external stakeholders and co-workers), as well as other key internal and external reporting. Contributing to the development of the IKEA Group strategy for sustainability reporting.
- Internal communications – developing the strategic approach to internal communications relating to sustainability. Supporting implementation of co-worker communications relating to sustainability performance and on specific communication projects.
The role will also include strategic communications relating to specific sustainability topics, including climate change and renewable energy.
Is this the right challenge for you?
To succeed in the role, you need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years strategic communications experience (i.e. involving internal communication and global communication).
- Knowledge and experience in the area of sustainability and sustainability reporting.
- Strong English skills, written and verbal.
- Experience in managing budgets and following up on goals.
- Strong experience of project management.
You need to have a strong interest about the IKEA sustainability approach and share IKEA values. You are driven, goal oriented, a team player and have the ability to build relationships. You are good at combining strategic and operative communication tasks. You are great at communicating in English, both in writing and spoken.
Job title: Strategic Communicator at IKEA Group Sustainability
Location: Helsinborg, Sweden (after 1st Sept 2015: Malmö, Sweden)
Contract: Full time, permanent
Closing date: 1 May 2015