Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Japan
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
Following the increase in the number of CDP signatories, the standard of disclosure over the past seven years since the inception of CDP has increased dramatically... The number of Asian companies responding to CDP 2009 increasedby 39% (51 to 71) from...
- Related stories: Carbon Disclosure Project finds improved disclosure of emissions among world's largest companies - Bayer, BASF, HSBC, Wal-Mart, Chevron lead
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis ACS (Brazil-Ukraine) Adobe Systems Aetna AFLAC Ahold Air Liquide Air Products Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Altria Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power Amgen Anadarko Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Anheuser-Busch InBev ANZ Bank Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland Assicurazioni Generali AstraZeneca AT&T Aviva AXA BAE Systems Baker Hughes Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Banco Itau Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway BG Group BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boeing Bouygues BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Cardinal Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Central Japan Railway Centrica CEPSA Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Telecom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank Con Edison ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) East Japan Railway eBay EDF Edison International Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Ericsson Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx FirstEnergy Fortum FPL Group France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Fuji Photo Film Gas Natural Gazprom GDF Suez Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp Goldman Sachs Google Grupo México H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Heinz Hermès Hess Corporation Hitachi Holcim Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell Hong Kong Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hutchison Whampoa Iberdrola IBM Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Inditex Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Jardine Matheson John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kao KBC KDDI Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Lafarge Linde Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's Medtronic Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi UFJ Mitsui Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Morrisons MTN MTR Munich Re National Australia Bank National Grid Nestlé Newmont News Corporation Nexen Nike Nintendo Nippon Steel Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Norilsk Nickel Northrop Grumman Novartis Novatek Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTPC NTT Data Nucor OCBC Bank Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic Paychex PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Petrobras PetroChina Pfizer PG&E PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Resona Reynolds American Rio Tinto Roche Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi-Aventis Santander SAP Sasol Schering-Plough Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Sempra Energy Seven & i Shin-Etsu Group Siemens Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Sinopec Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Company Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Spectra Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples State Bank of India State Street Statoil Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Metal Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor SunTrust Banks Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters ThyssenKrupp Time Warner Tohoku Electric Power Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tokyo Gas Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transcanada Transocean Turkcell Tyco UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Unilever Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural) Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Verizon Vinci Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Westpac Wilmar International Woolworths Limited Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! YUM! Zurich
Author: Friends of the Earth, CEE Bankwatch, Campaign for the Reform of the World Bank, Bank Track, Centre Globus
The Kashagan oil field…is developed by…oil companies including Eni, Total, ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, Shell, Inpex and KazMunayGaz with financial support from…BNP Paribas, Citigroup, Societè Generale, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Mitsubishi...
- Related stories: Kazakhstan: Report raises concerns about environmental, social & health effects of Kashagan oil field development
- Related in-depth areas: Short videos & news items
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) BNP Paribas Citigroup ConocoPhillips Eni ExxonMobil ING Inland Printing INPEX Mitsubishi Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Shell Société Générale Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Total
HSBC, Other European Banks Receive Top Scores in First-Ever Ranking of 40 Leading Banks on Climate Change Strategies;Citigroup and Bank of America post Highest Scores Among 16 U.S. Banks
While encouraging progress is being made, the banking sector still has a long way to go in confronting the business challenges posed by global climate change, according to a first-ever report issued today by the Ceres investor coalition that analyzes...
- Related stories: Banks ranked on climate policies, practices - HSBC, ABN, Barclays, HBOS, Deutsche, Citi, Bank of America lead; Bear Stearns is last
- Related companies: ABN Amro Banco do Brasil Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BlackRock BNP Paribas Citigroup Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Fortis Franklin Templeton Goldman Sachs HBOS (part of Lloyds) HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Industrial Bank ING Intesa Sanpaolo JPMorgan Chase Legg Mason Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Northern Trust Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander Société Générale State Street Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) T. Rowe Price Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wells Fargo
Author: Amnesty International USA
Scroll down to find out how particular investment firms are responding to our request that they use their influence to support human rights in Sudan....
- Related stories: Amnesty USA & investor coalition calls on banks that own stock in oil companies in Sudan to press for change change in Darfur Socially responsible shareholders file resolutions with 6 US finance firms invested in companies linked to Sudan over Darfur
- Related companies: Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro Allianz AXA Berkshire Hathaway Blackstone Brown Capital Management China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Citigroup Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Eaton Vance ECM Libra Financial Fidelity Investments FirstCity Financial Franklin Templeton Haitong Securities HDFC ING Invesco KBC LCF Rothschild Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Morgan Stanley ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Pacificmas Petronas Pictet Principal Financial Prudential plc Renaissance Technologies Schafer Cullen Sinopec Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) T. Rowe Price UBS Vanguard Wells Fargo
Author: International Finance Corporation (IFC)
The Financial Times and IFC today announced the short list of banks nominated for the 2007 FT Sustainable Banking Awards... [The] diverse nominees reflect the rising importance of sustainable banking around the world, especially in the emerging...
- Related companies: ABN Amro Banamex (part of Citigroup) Banco do Brasil Bank Sarasin Citigroup Deutsche Bank Dexia Goldman Sachs Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Industrial Bank JPMorgan Chase Kookmin Bank Nedbank RZB Group SEB Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) West LB