Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners)
Headquarters in USA
Energy Transfer Partners acquired Sunoco in October 2012.
Sunoco website: www.sunocoinc.com
USA: Indigenous women file OECD Specific Instance against Credit Suisse for rights violations regarding pipeline financing; Credit Suisse responds
On January 30, 2020, Divest Invest Protect, Women’s Earth and Climate Action Network (WECAN) International, and Indigenous Peoples Law and Policy (IPLP) Program at the University of Arizona filed an OECD Guidelines complaint with the US National...
Author: Dana Drugmand, Desmog (USA)
"‘Fossil Fuel Companies Knew’: Honolulu Files Lawsuit Over Climate Impacts", 9 Mar 2020...
Author: Sabrina Canfield, Courthouse News Service (USA)
Three environmental groups filed a lawsuit accusing a Louisiana pipeline company of refusing to hand over records about its claim to easements across hundreds of residents’ private properties....
- Related stories: USA: Environmental groups & landowners file several lawsuits challenging Bayou Bridge oil pipeline project
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Energy Transfer Partners Phillips 66 Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners)
Author: Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR)
The three companies that built, own, and operate the Dakota Acccess Pipeline in North Dakota—Phillips 66, Sunoco, and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP)—have formed the Bayou Bridge Pipeline, LLC, and aim to construct a 162-mile pipeline that would affect...
USA: Environmental NGOs criticise banks' funding of Dakota Access Pipeline, concerned about pollution, indigenous rights
Through the controversy over the Dakota Access Pipeline, NGOs have questioned the role of banks in financing the pipeline's construction and the companies developing it. In February 2016, after the US Government issued final permits for the pipeline's...
USA: Nordea excludes ETP, Sunoco Logistics & Phillips 66 from investments due to decision to proceed with disputed route for Dakota Access Pipeline
See also: "Water protectors" leaving protest camp over Dakota Access Pipeline following govt. decision to grant permit
Author: David Archambault II, on Stand with Standing Rock
“Letter to President Trump”, 25 January 2017...
USA: Trump signs executive order to advance Keystone XL & Dakota Access pipelines; advocates urge respect for rights & environmental review; activists face criminal charges
For the recent history of the Standing Rock Sioux protest against and legal/regulatory challenges to the Dakota Access Pipeline, see:...
Author: Consejo Latinoamericano de Ciencias Sociales, CLACSO
En…2012, se llevó a cabo el curso virtual sobre “Ecología política y metabolismo social” del cual se derivaron una serie de trabajos de estudios de caso sobre conflictos ambientales en América Latina. Además, se realizó…una base de datos preliminar...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Argosy Minerals Ltd. BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Blackfire Exploration Bunge Cargill Celulosa Arauco y Constitución (CELCO) China Railway Construction Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources) Empresas CMPC Energy Transfer Partners First Majestic Silver Flint Hills Resources (part of Koch Industries) Fortuna Silver Mines Glencore Goldcorp (now Newmont) Gran Colombia Gold Koch Industries MAG Silver Medoro Resources Minera Alumbrera Limited Minera Cuzcatlan (part of Fortuna Silver) Minera Real Bonanza (part of First Majestic Silver) Minera San Xavier (part of New Gold) Monsanto (part of Bayer) Murphy Oil New Gold Repsol Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) Vale Valero Energy Yamana Gold YPF