- Sector sections (with guidance on supply chain management for specific sectors, e.g. apparel, diamond, electronics)
- News & reports, introductory material
Información en Español - ver abajo
- [PDF] Effective Supply Chain Accountability: Investor Guidance on Implementation of The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act and Beyond"
Author and date: Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility, Christian Brothers Investment Services, Calvert Investments, Nov 2011
- Fair Hiring Toolkit
Author and date: Verité, 2011
"This Fair Hiring Toolkit offers tools, guidance, and approaches to support the responsible recruitment and hiring of migrant workers in global supply chains."
- [PDF] OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas
Author and date: OECD, 2011
- [PDF] "Better Jobs in Better Supply Chains" - includes case studies on business initiatives
- Author and date: Oxfam International, Feb 2010
- [PDF] "Project Kaleidoscope: A Collaborative and Dynamic Approach to Code of Conduct Compliance" (in company supply chains)
- Author and date: Project Kaleidoscope Working Group, 2008
- [PDF] Supply Chain Sustainability: A Practical Guide for Continuous Improvement
- Author and date: United Nations Global Compact, Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), Jun 2010
- "Purchasing for People" - training materials on ethical supply chain management
- Author: Impactt Ltd. (funded by UK Dept. for International Development)
- "The Business and its Supply Chain – A Management Alternative"
- Author and date: UN Global Compact Spain, 2009
- [PDF] "La empresa y su cadena de suministro: una alternative de gestión"
- Red Española del Pacto Mundial de Naciones Unidas, 2009
Related stories and components
Author: Norton Rose Fulbright and the British Institute for International and Comparative Law
Making sense of managing human rights issues in supply chains: 2018 report and analysis, May 2018....
Businesses join initiative to address forced labour in fruit & wine producing countries in south Africa
Author: Stronger Together (UK)
"Prominent businesses join programme to address forced labour in the fruit and wine producing countries in South Africa"...
Uganda: NGOs accuse LafargeHolcim of neglecting former child labourers in its supply chain; includes company's comments
Bread for all & the Catholic Lenten Fund have accused LafargeHolcim of failing to resolve alleged child labour issues in its subsidiaries in Uganda. The company and its subsidiary, Hima Cement, have denied resorting to the use of child labour in...
New Zealand: Business leaders and govt. officials meet to identify ways to address exploitation of migrant workers
Author: Lincoln Tan, New Zealand Herald
"Government and business leaders join forces on combating modern slavery, human trafficking", 7 March 2018...
New Zealand: Court rules that slavery claimants may seek compensation from proceeds of sale of forfeited fishing vessels
Author: Radio New Zealand
"Court clears way for fishermen to claim against forfeited vessels", 2 March 2018...
“Guía para compradores para abordar los impactos laborales y en DD.HH. de la industria informática”, 3 de enero de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Supply chain
E. Africa: Human Rights Impact Assessment highlights importance of country-specific due diligence to protect human rights of coffee sector workers
Author: Institute for Human Rights & Business
"Human Rights Impact Assessment: A report about the East African coffee sector in: Kenya, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Burundi"...
- Related in-depth areas: Supply chain UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Related companies: Coop Danmark
Author: Source Intelligence
For decades, the US border customs agents have overlooked section 307 of the 1930 Tariff Act, which prohibited goods from entering the US made with the use of forced labor. Earlier in 2016, President Obama signed the Trade Facilitation and Trade...
There is hidden workforce of 116 million in global supply chains of fifty companies, says International Trade Union Confederation
Key findings from the report include:...
Author: Source Intelligence
"Companies Ready? Increased Scrutiny in Conflict Minerals Reporting", 8 January 2015...