- Sector sections (with guidance on supply chain management for specific sectors, e.g. apparel, diamond, electronics)
- News & reports, introductory material
Información en Español - ver abajo
- [PDF] Effective Supply Chain Accountability: Investor Guidance on Implementation of The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act and Beyond"
Author and date: Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility, Christian Brothers Investment Services, Calvert Investments, Nov 2011
- Fair Hiring Toolkit
Author and date: Verité, 2011
"This Fair Hiring Toolkit offers tools, guidance, and approaches to support the responsible recruitment and hiring of migrant workers in global supply chains."
- [PDF] OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas
Author and date: OECD, 2011
- [PDF] "Better Jobs in Better Supply Chains" - includes case studies on business initiatives
- Author and date: Oxfam International, Feb 2010
- [PDF] "Project Kaleidoscope: A Collaborative and Dynamic Approach to Code of Conduct Compliance" (in company supply chains)
- Author and date: Project Kaleidoscope Working Group, 2008
- [PDF] Supply Chain Sustainability: A Practical Guide for Continuous Improvement
- Author and date: United Nations Global Compact, Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), Jun 2010
- "Purchasing for People" - training materials on ethical supply chain management
- Author: Impactt Ltd. (funded by UK Dept. for International Development)
- "The Business and its Supply Chain – A Management Alternative"
- Author and date: UN Global Compact Spain, 2009
- [PDF] "La empresa y su cadena de suministro: una alternative de gestión"
- Red Española del Pacto Mundial de Naciones Unidas, 2009
Related stories and components
E. Africa: Human Rights Impact Assessment highlights importance of country-specific due diligence to protect human rights of coffee sector workers
Author: Institute for Human Rights & Business
"Human Rights Impact Assessment: A report about the East African coffee sector in: Kenya, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Ethiopia and Burundi"...
- Related in-depth areas: Supply chain UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Related companies: Coop Danmark
Author: Source Intelligence
For decades, the US border customs agents have overlooked section 307 of the 1930 Tariff Act, which prohibited goods from entering the US made with the use of forced labor. Earlier in 2016, President Obama signed the Trade Facilitation and Trade...
There is hidden workforce of 116 million in global supply chains of fifty companies, says International Trade Union Confederation
Key findings from the report include:...
Author: Source Intelligence
"Companies Ready? Increased Scrutiny in Conflict Minerals Reporting", 8 January 2015...
Implementation of US Dodd-Frank Act rule on conflict minerals: Commentaries, guidance, company actions
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 22 August 2012 the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued the final rule accompanying Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act...The rule requires companies using gold, tin, tungsten and tantalum to make efforts to determine if those...
[PDF] OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas
This guidance provides a framework for detailed due diligence as a basis for responsible global supply chain management of tin, tantalum, tungsten, their ores and mineral derivates, and gold...The purpose of this Guidance is to help companies respect...