Supply Chain Innovation Manager at GoodWeave International
This newly-created position is being added to strengthen GoodWeave’s country program teams and ensure a consistent approach in the provision support to the hundreds of exporters and their suppliers who make up GoodWeave’s licensed supply chains throughout India, Nepal and Afghanistan. The Senior Supply Chain Innovation Manager will lead the digitization of GoodWeave’s existing monitoring and inspections process, develop tools and approaches in support of the licensees’ ability to meet the GoodWeave standard, and work closely with country program staff to ensure the consistent delivery of producer support. In this role, the Manager will also provide guidance to the businesses participating in GoodWeave’s pilot activity in the Nepal brick sector.
Specific Duties Include:
- Lead the field-based implementation of a technology grant to digitize the collection and analysis of monitoring and inspection data working in close coordination with GWI staff, the designated technology firm, and key corporate partners.
- Regularly visit country programs and producers together with local GoodWeave staff to understand producer support needs across all tiers of the supply chain.
- Develop approaches, tools and materials to holistically support producers in their efforts to achieve compliance with the GoodWeave standard (e.g., sample terms and conditions of work, age verification systems).
- Train and work with local staff to adapt these approaches to local context while keeping the content uniform across countries.
- Work with international and local teams to develop and communicate the business case for adopting the GoodWeave standard, including documentation of case studies.
- Participate in fundraising efforts related to GWI’s supply chain programs.
Experience and Qualifications:
- +3 years experience working in labor rights and corporate supply chains in South Asia.
- Strong communication skills, including cross-cultural and donor communication, as well as report and grant writing.
- Background in worker rights and labor issues.
- Knowledge of certification standards and systems.
- Experience working with mobile technology, databases, data tracking and reporting.
- Experience implementing field-level training, including training tools development and workshop facilitation.
- Willingness to travel more than 50% of time.
This position is for a person who loves being in the field and who can comfortably communicate at all levels with local staff, donors, business leaders, workers, community members and international and local government officials both verbally and in writing. S/he should have a strong grasp of technology, be able to quickly and accurately assess new situations, and be a big picture thinker who is able draw connections across a range of programmatic areas and activities.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirement to:
Mr. Mike Ingenthron
Director of Finance and Operations
2001 S Street, NW, Suite 510
Washington, DC 20009
E-mail: [email protected]
Job title: Supply Chain Innovation Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Closing date: Rolling application