Sustainability Internship at Profundo
Period: March 2016 to June 2016
Profundo is currently looking for a pro-active intern with good analytical and writing skills and affinity with sustainability and social justice issues to assist its sustainability research team. The internship covers 3 months starting in March 2016, with the possibility to extend for another period of three months.
You will support the activities of the Sustainability Team, such as:
- Monitoring sustainability issues with regard to several themes (human rights, climate change, etc.) and sectors (mining, agriculture, fisheries, forestry, energy etc.), according to your areas of expertise and interest.
- Reporting on developments in the field of responsible investment, according to your areas of expertise and interest.
- Contributing to projects, including desk-based research, proofreading, editing or communication, according to your areas of expertise and interest.
- Contributing to explore potential synergies and partnerships with other organizations, including preparing briefings in view of meetings and calls and assisting with outreach activities.
- Contributing to meetings and events, including preparing briefings and assisting with outreach activities.
We expect you to:
- be doing a Master’s in a field of study related to sustainability.
- Be familiar with sustainability issues and with key developments in the field of responsible investment;
- Feel motivated to foster the integration of sustainability and social justice in corporate practices;
- Have ability to summarize complex information; and
- Have interpersonal skills, in particular in supporting team members.
- An internship for 3-4 days per week for a period of 3 months to acquire work experience in the field of your expertise; there is a preference for 4 days a week;
- The opportunity to research and analyse the social and environmental impacts of economic activities and the roles different actors can play to reduce these impacts;
- Professional supervision and coaching by an international team of professionals in the field of financial and sustainability research;
- Challenging and varied activities with a high social relevance for well-known NGOs and research institutes;
- A small organisation that provides plenty of room for your personal and professional development, including networking and outreach skills;
- A friendly office close to the Amsterdam Sloterdijk train station; and
- An internship remuneration (€ 400 a month, based on an internship of 4 days per week).
Position title: Sustainability Internship
Closing date: 21 January 2016