Sustainability Manager at Pukka
Pukka is a rapidly growing Organic Herbal Tea and Herbal Remedies company who is currently the number two Herbal Tea Brand in the UK. With our sustainable business practises, achievements and our mission to connect people with plants and the planet, at Pukka we are all here to make a difference. Great companies are created by the people who work for them and at Pukka we are looking to recruit a passionate Sustainability Manager to champion Pukka’s missions and values and to drive improved environmental performance within our Supply Chain.
In essence the role will be responsible for delivering Pukka’s sustainability objectives in line with the sustainability strategy. This will mean developing Pukka’s visibility of its full supply chain carbon footprint, and championing improvements within it to achieve Pukka’s goal of a carbon natural supply chain by 2045. Orchestrating the collective efforts of Pukka and its partners to optimise potential opportunities within the 5 themes of climate change, sustainable communities, product excellence, ethical business and resource conservation. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement and maintain the Pukka Sustainability Policy & Strategy.
- Ensure collection, analysis and reporting on environmental performance both internally and externally including coordinating the carbon reporting of the company.
- Develop our relationships with relevant community groups, NGOs and individuals to support sustainable communities and promote People, Plant & Planet.
- Investigate & recommend suitable partnership opportunities for Pukka. Assess financial implications of proposed strategies, to leverage the impact of cash and kind.
- Ensure external recognition of Pukka’s sustainability credentials through external reporting and Sustainability awards. Provide copy of sustainability stories to support the promotion of People, Plants & Planet.
- Ensure all employees are inspired regarding their contributions to improved sustainability performance & supporting volunteering opportunities within the communities.
- Research and advice senior management on new legislation and initiatives for further sustainable procurement opportunities.
- Coordinate recycling, waste management and use of renewable energy. Ensure compliance against environmental legislation and internal standards and manage the ISO 14001 & other sustainability related accreditations.
In terms of who you are and what you might bring to Pukka, specifically you will be a graduate of a related discipline: Environmental Consultancy, Air Quality, Carbon Management, Climate Change, Energy Management, Sustainability Development or Sustainable Materials would be ideal. It’s essential that you have worked in a Sustainability role or related role before and have an acumen for relating technical data to commercial outcomes, excellent academic and report writing skills and efficient research methodology experience.
To be truly successful in this busy and vibrant business you will be an authoritative and enthusiastic communicator with the ability to explain complex subject matters in a simple and engaging way. You’ll also have a positive attitude which inspires others to action, fabulous influencing skills and be a natural at building relationships to enable internal and external relationships to flourish. And, just as important is your self-motivation, adaptability with a desire to find improvements to existing systems and your innate ability to act as an agent for change.
Job title: Sustainability Manager
Contract: Full time, permanent
Closing date: 10 July 2015