Taco Bell (part of YUM!)
Taco Bell website: http://www.tacobell.com
USA: 2018 report on state of human rights details violations of labour rights, access to water & free, prior & informed consent
Author: US Human Rights Network
In the United States this year...we have seen undeniable, egregious, and unapologetic violations of human rights... Illegal and immoral attempts to encroach on American Indian lands, territories, and the resources of Indigenous Peoples have always been...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Apple Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto (part of Bayer) Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Unilever Walmart Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) YUM!
Worker advocacy groups launch initiative to improve conditions in corporate supply chains through worker-led codes of conduct
Author: Steven Greenhouse, The Guardian
"'Some kids are not orphans because of this': how unions are keeping workers safe", 8 November 2017...
Author: Greg Asbed (Coalition of Immokalee Workers), Scott Nova (Worker Rights Consortium), Noelle Damico (National Economic and Social Rights Initiative), on Huffington Post (USA)
Partnering consumer power with worker-designed solutions to protect their own human rights is a 21st century strategy for transforming supply chains. And it's winning...For workers experiencing human rights violations, "corporate social responsibility"...
USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights
The Coalition of Immokalee Workers and its allies have long urged companies that source from Florida tomato farms to sign the Fair Food agreement, which gives workers greater protections against forced labour and other abuses, and guarantees them a...
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) and allied groups have campaigned for several years for Ahold, which owns the US supermarket chains Giant, Martin's Food Markets and Stop & Shop, and the online grocery retailer Peapod, to join the Fair Food...
- Related stories: USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights
- Related companies: Ahold Delhaize Giant Food (part of Ahold Delhaize) KFC (part of YUM!) McDonald's Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Trader Joe's (part of Aldi Nord) Walmart Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) YUM!
Author: Bernice Yeung, Centre for Investigative Reporting (USA)
One of the most effective programs to curb sexual harassment and assault in the agriculture fields expands today with the inking of a national contract with Wal-Mart…Under the Fair Food Program, restaurant chains and grocery stores agree to pay a penny...
- Related stories: USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights USA: Walmart joins Fair Food Program fighting sexual harassment in farms through code of conduct & external audits
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Chipotle McDonald's Publix Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Trader Joe's (part of Aldi Nord) Walmart YUM!
Author: Karen McVeigh, Guardian (UK)
US workers in the fast-food industry staged a one-day strike in dozens of cities...calling for better wages and the right to unionise...The striking workers are part of a coalition of unions, campaign groups, clergy and community members...They want to...
[video] Coalition of Immokalee Workers Targets Wendy’s in Fair Food Campaign to Improve Wages, Conditions [USA]
Author: interview with Gerardo Reyes-Chávez of Coalition of Immokalee Workers, on Democracy Now!
Hundreds of farm workers and their supporters are in New York City ahead of Wendy’s shareholder meeting to demand improved working conditions for those who pick its tomatoes. The fast-food giant...is the latest target in the Fair Food Campaign...
- Related stories: USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights USA: NGO urges Wendy's to join Fair Food Agreement to improve working conditions for tomato pickers in its supply chain - with video interview
- Related companies: Chipotle McDonald's Subway Taco Bell (part of YUM!) YUM!
Author: Steven Greenhouse, New York Times
Thursday’s strike, sponsored by a labor-community coalition that calls itself Fast Food Forward, seeks to press the city’s fast-food restaurants to pay their employees $15 an hour. Many workers say they can barely get by on the $7.25, $8 or $9 an hour...