Headquarters in USA
Target website: http://www.target.com
Author: Red de Solidaridad de la Maquila
"Compañías y Marcas: puntos de presión con compañías internacionales de confecciones", agosto de 2019...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas Amazon.com American Eagle Outfitters C&A Carhartt Carter's Columbia Sportswear Disney (see Walt Disney) Fanatics Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Gildan Activewear Guess Hanesbrands Inditex Jockey Juicy Couture (part of Authentic Brands Group) Kohl's Kontoor Brands Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Levi Strauss Lululemon Athletica Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance Nike Patagonia Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Sanmar Sears Soffe (part of Delta Apparel) Target Under Armour VF Corp Walmart
Better Buying releases 2019 index report, based on supplier evaluations of textile companies' purchasing practices
Author: Better Buying
"Better Buying Index Report, 2019", 3 September 2019...
- Related companies: adidas AMES Australasia Bass Pro Shops Benetton Bestseller Blancheporte Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Brooks Running (Brooks Sports, Inc.) Burberry Carrefour Cato Celio Sourcing Ltd Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Debenhams Destination Maternity Edinburgh Woollen Mill Eileen Fisher Expresso Fashion Fashion Pool GmbH Frankonia Handels GmbH & Co. KG G-Star Raw Helly Hansen HEMA Hobbs Hugo Boss J.Crew John Lewis Partnership JP Boden & Co Just Brands Karen Millen Kmart Australia (part of Wesfarmers) Kroger Levi Strauss LPP Spółka Akcyjna Mammut Sports Group Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op Nike No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom O'Neill Otto Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Rapha Racing Reiss Rohan Schijvens Confectiefabriek Hilvarenbeek B.V. Seasalt Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Suitsupply Talbots Target Tesco The Iconic The White Company TJX Uber A/S Under Armour Vetta VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates WE Fashion Whistles White Stuff Wilson
New ‘industry-driven’ building safety initiative launched in India & Vietnam to promote garment worker safety meets criticism for ignoring ‘vital lessons from the past'
In August 2019, the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH) launched the Life and Building Safety Initiative (LABS) programme in Vietnam and India, which aims to promote safe working conditions in apparel and footwear industries. It is now set to expand to...
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Author: Nicole Lyn Pesce, MarketWatch
Walmart is facing increasing pressure to pull guns from its shelves in the wake of the recent shootings at its El Paso, Texas and Southaven, Miss. stores that killed 24 people... Instead, Walmart... ordered employees to remove video game signs that...
- Related stories: USA: Walmart faces pressure to stop gun sales after El Paso & Dayton attacks; co. says will continue to sell firearms
- Related companies: Target
Malaysia: Labour group works with brands to address forced labour found in garment factory investigations
Author: Steven Greenhouse, The Guardian
"NGO's softly-softly tactics tackle labor abuses at Malaysia factories", 22 June 2019...
- Related companies: Brooks Running (Brooks Sports, Inc.) Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Honsin Apparel (part of Prolexus) Knit Textile Manufacturing Nike Perindustrian Shunhon Primark (part of Associated British Foods) SP Garments Target Tracksmith Variety Wholesalers Whitex Garments Wolverine World Wide
Author: Kate Hodal, the Guardian
3 June 2019...
Bangladesh: Brands commit to new garment factory safety scheme Nirapon following winding down of Alliance
Author: Hannah Abdulla, Just Style
"Alliance brands back new Bangladesh factory scheme", 25 March 2019...
Author: Maria Cristina Pavarini, Sportswear International
"How the fashion industry signed the first charter for climate change", 19 December 2018...