Tata Chemicals (part of Tata Group)
Member of UN Global Compact
[PDF] Shaping Corporate Social Responsibility in sub-Saharan Africa - Guidance Notes from a Mapping Survey
Author: GIZ (Center for Cooperation with the Private Sector - CCPS, South Africa)
The GIZ Center for Cooperation with the Private Sector (CCPS) endeavours to partner with companies...to promote Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in sub-Saharan Africa; in doing so, it [considers]...that through socially and environmentally...
- Related stories: GIZ new report analyses corporate social responsibility in sub-Saharan Africa countries
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Arcelor Mittal Barclays Barrick Gold BHP Billiton BMW British American Tobacco Daimler France Telecom (now Orange) Gold Fields Golden Star Resources Henkel Lafarge Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) MTN Nedbank Nestlé Nike Orange Osram (part of Siemens) Perenco Rio Tinto SABMiller Safaricom Siemens Société Générale Somdiaa Sonatel Standard Chartered Tata Chemicals (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Total Tullow Oil Unilever Vodacom Volkswagen
[PDF] East African Roundtable for Business Leaders: Implementing Corporate Respect for Human Rights [summary report]
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights, Global Compact Network Kenya, Kenya Private Sector Alliance, Kenya National Commission on Human Rights, Kenya Association of Manufacturers
The Roundtable discussions highlighted key areas of high risks to human rights for companies operating in East Africa, as well as possible responses. Issues covered included equal treatment of the region's manifold ethnic groups, protection of the...
Author: Economic Times [India]
CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development awarded those Indian companies, which made a significant contribution to the society while accomplishing their business operations in the spirit of sustainability...[T]he highest recognition was...
- Related stories: Confed. of Indian Industry initiative awards firms for contributions to sustainable development: Tata Steel, Tata Chemicals, Toyota Kirloskar, Ambuja Cements, SAIL among award winners
- Related companies: Gujarat Ambuja Cements Kennametal Reliance Industries Tata Chemicals (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Toyota
Author: Jill Chin, CSR Asia
[T]he Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) announced that world food prices surged to a new historic peak in January...A sobering truth of the state of world hunger stands today: 1.02 billion people, one sixth of humanity, are...
[Podcast] Bombay Talkies 1.6: Corporate Social Responsibility with Karmayog (Sonologue, India) April 14, 2010
Author: Sonologue [India]
What are India’s top 500 companies doing besides making a profit and keeping their shareholders happy? Karmayog’s third annual Corporate Social Responsibility report is out and we got an exclusive sneak peak at the findings. This year 13 companies...
- Related stories: India: Karmayog NGO rates "responsibility" of India's 500 largest companies
- Related companies: Tata Chemicals (part of Tata Group)
Coalition of Diverse Companies From Around the World Commit to First-Ever 'World Safety Declaration'
A coalition of diverse, cross-industry companies from around the world today announced their commitment to advance workplace and home safety practices globally over the next three years by participating in the first-ever "World Safety Declaration:...
Author: Banasree Purkayastha, Financial Express [India]
Among the six companies that won the Teri environment awards this year were Tata International Ltd, Shree Cements Ltd, Sanghi Spinners India and Kanoria Chemicals and Industries Ltd...A total of 177 companies including Reliance Energy, ITC, Lafarge...