Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Tchibo website: www.tchibo.com
Author: Bündnis für nachhaltige Textilien
Auf seinem Weg, die Bedingungen in globalen Textillieferketten zu verbessern, hat das Bündnis für nachhaltige Textilien nun entscheidende Schritte in Richtung Internationalisierung gemacht: Eine strategische Kooperation mit der Initiative „Action...
"Ensuring innovation and reliable investment conditions: The next German government must make climate policy a top priority", 7 November 2017...
Im indischen Chennai wollte das Mädchen N. Kaliyarasi, das in einer Spinnerei für große internationale Marken arbeitete, unbedingt den Bonus von rund 40 Dollar erreichen. Denn der magere Lohn von 3,50 Dollar reicht nicht zum Leben. Aber sie...
Bangladesh Accord extended three years, strengthens protections of union organisation, health & safety protections of garment workers
Author: Garrett Brown, ScienceBlogs
"Bangladesh Accord extended three years - worker protections strengthened, proponents promote an 'alternative to standard CSR programs'", 18 Jul 2017...
- Related stories: 2 agreements to improve safety in Bangladesh garment factories launched this week: "Accord on Fire and Building Safety" and "Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety"
- Related companies: Associated British Foods C&A H&M Inditex KiK Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tchibo
Turkey: IndustriALL Global Union intervenes with Tchibo & H&M to successfully end conflict at supplier factory
Author: IndustriALL Global Union (Switzerland)
"Turkey: Conflict resolved at sock and underwear factory", 13 Jul 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: H&M Tchibo
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (July 2017)
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Author: Daily Star
The top five clothing retailers who had earlier decided to boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit-2017 finally participated in the event yesterday as the government took measures for the release of the detained workers and labour leaders. H&M, Inditex (Zara...
"In Unprecedented Action, Leading Retailers Withdraw from Bangladesh Garment Industry’s Annual Showcase Event"
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
Five leading apparel companies -- H&M, Inditex (Zara), C&A, Next and Tchibo -- have pulled out as key speakers and participants from the Dhaka Apparel Summit,organized by the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA)....