Headquarters in China
China: Technology firms maintain manufacturing operations despite government calls for companies to halt work to stop coronavirus spread
“Huawei, Chinese chip makers keep factories humming despite virus outbreak”, 3 February...
Facebook says it has data-sharing partnerships with four Chinese electronics companies, which raises concern over users' privacy
"Facebook has data-sharing partnerships with at least four Chinese electronics companies, including a manufacturing giant that has a close relationship with China’s government, the social media company said on Tuesday. The agreements, which date to at...
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 167 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China. The image shows the top 10 companies in the 2015 ranking - for the full ranking see...
Author: SACOM (Hong Kong)
…SACOM conducted an investigative research towards the labour condition in Hong Kong-owned Apple supplier – Biel Crystal’s Huizhou factory and discovered numerous labour abuses and violation of Chinese Labour Law. SACOM decided to publish the...
Author: China Labor Watch [USA]
Workers reported that a large number of child workers are hired at a Chinese electronics manufacturing company named Jiangxi Lianchuang Electronics Co., Ltd. Some of the workers are as young as 12 to 14 years old…Based on Chinese media reports, the...
- Related stories: China: Jiangxi Lianchuang Electronics reportedly hires many children through Shenzhen labour dispatch company; children work 11 hours daily according to media reports
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: HTC Sharp TCL Corporation
Author: Maria Trombly, Emerging China
Foreign businesses, organizations and embassies reacted quickly after the Monday earthquake with offers of aid and support. On Wednesday, General Electric announced a US$2 million donation...GE has mobilized local field support engineers to help with...
- Related companies: Acer Advanced Micro Devices Alcoa Applied Materials Bayer BMW Bridgestone Canon Carlsberg Breweries Carrefour Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Dow Chemical Epson (part of Seiko) Ericsson Estée Lauder FAW Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) General Electric General Motors Hitachi Hon Hai Honda HSBC Intel Johnson & Johnson Kimberly-Clark Komatsu Konica Minolta Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) LVMH Mary Kay Matsushita (now Panasonic) Michelin Microsoft Nissan Nokia Omron PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble PSA Peugeot-Citroën Qualcomm Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Schneider Electric Scotiabank Seiko Siemens SK Corporation Sony TCL Corporation Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS Volkswagen
SACOM report on working conditions in electronics factories in Shenzhen, China: Manufacturer & brand responses
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited five electronics manufacturers to respond to SACOM's report "Clean Computers Campaign: Report on Labour Rights in the Computer Industry in China"....
- Related stories: Shenzhen, China: NGO survey of working conditions in 13 electronics factories supplying 47 brands finds abuses including child labour, discrimination, excessive overtime
- Related in-depth areas: SACOM electronics report company responses 2007
- Related companies: Bestec Power Electronics Dell Delta Electronics Fittec International HP (Hewlett-Packard) Lenovo Motorola NEC Samsung TCL Corporation