Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
TeliaSonera website: http://www.teliasonera.com
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
RightsCon, a conference organised by the NGO Access, is being held 3-5 March 2014 in San Francisco, USA...Access "took submissions under the following...themes: Measuring and preventing risk in the ICT sector; Tech solutions for human rights...
[PDF] Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line - New report lifts the lid on the business practices of dozens of companies operating across the Middle East
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Arabic and French versions below] Companies operating across the Middle East must uphold human rights according to a new report by an international human rights organisation. The new report, released today in Arabic, English and French by the...
- Related stories: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line (press release) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Africa Israel Ahava Al-Hamad Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anglo American Aramex AT&T BAE Systems Blue Coat CACI Carrefour Century Miracle Jordan Citigroup Co-operative Group Emirates Group Etisalat Facebook G4S Google (part of Alphabet) Helwan Fertilizers KBR Lebanese Family Club ManpowerGroup Marks & Spencer Mekorot Microsoft Millicom Mondelēz International MTV Lebanon Ooredoo Orascom PepsiCo Qatar Airways Saudi Aramco Sekem Solb Misr Spinneys Suez Steel (part of Solb Misr) TeliaSonera Tesco Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Vodafone Websense Zain
The major conclusions of this paper include: Only a small percentage of EU-listed companies are directly affected by Dodd Frank 1502 and are therefore required to publicly disclose their use of conflict minerals. The large majority of companies that...
- Related stories: SOMO calls for European Commission to adopt legally binding rules on conflict minerals based on an analysis of European companies' current due diligence efforts
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Alcatel-Lucent Arm Holdings BAE Systems Daimler Deutsche Telekom Ericsson France Telecom (now Orange) KPN Nokia Portugal Telecom Rolls-Royce plc SAP Schneider Electric Siemens Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Valeo Vodafone
Key Telecommunications Players Collaborate with the Global Network Initiative on Freedom of Expression and Privacy Rights
Author: Global Network Initiative
The Global Network Initiative (GNI) is pleased to announce a two-year collaboration with a group of eight global companies that belong to the Telecommunications Industry Dialogue on Freedom of Expression and Privacy. By working together, GNI and the...
- Related stories: Global Network Initiative announces 2-year collaboration with 8 telecoms firms on freedom of expression, privacy issues
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: Alcatel-Lucent AT&T France Telecom (now Orange) Millicom Nokia Orange Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Vodafone
Author: Associated Press
The chief executive of TeliaSonera resigned Friday after an independent review...found it had failed to conduct a proper background check on a partner Uzbek firm [Takilant] believed to be connected with the family of the country's autocratic ruler.....
- Related companies: TeliaSonera
Author: Jeff Landale, Access
Yesterday marked the two-year anniversary of the internet and mobile network blackout designed to undermine the anti-government protests in Egypt. This event catapulted the issue of telecoms and human rights onto the international stage. To mark this...
- Related stories: 2-year anniversary of internet blackout to undermine anti-govt. protests in Egypt: Access calls for stronger action by tech sector's "Industry Dialogue on Freedom of Expression and Privacy"
- Related companies: Alcatel-Lucent AT&T BT France Telecom (now Orange) Millicom Nokia Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Vodafone
Author: Yle [Finland]
According to the Tadzhikistani activist Nuriddin Karsiboyev, Tcell helped the government censor the movement of information in the country...Eko Karsiboyev—who heads the Independent media organisation—said that Tcell shut down news portals at the...
- Related stories: TeliaSonera subsidiary, Tcell, accused of helping Tajikistan Govt. censor information - company says it must abide by local laws
- Related companies: TeliaSonera
TeliaSonera partners with the Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR) for support and review of its corporate human rights work
TeliaSonera has engaged the Danish Institute for Human Rights to support and review its human rights impact assessment. DIHR will develop a tool tailored to TeliaSonera and its human rights risk profile. It will include freedom of expression and...