Headquarters in United Kingdom
UK: Equal pay claim brought by employees against supermarket Morrissons for allegedly discriminating against women
"Morrisons faces Valentine's Day equal pay claim. A case of 'love me love equality'?" 16 Feb 2019...
Malaysia: Condom supplier to NHS and British retailers accused of 'shameful' working conditions & labour abuses
Author: Nicola Smith, The Telegraph
"Revealed: Condom supplier to NHS and British high street accused of 'shameful' working conditions", 23 January 2019...
Bangladesh: Factory forced to compensate female worker after beating & threatening her, linked to British & Belgian brands
Author: Simon Murphy, The Guardian
"Factory that supplied Tesco compensated abused worker", 22 January 2019...
Major British retailers linked to Bangladesh factory producing Spice Girls T-shirts amidst labour abuses
Author: Simon Murphy, The Guardian
"Tesco, Mothercare and M&S use factory paying workers 35p an hour", 21 January 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Labour abuses alleged at factory making Spice Girls T-shirts
- Related companies: Marks & Spencer Mothercare Tesco
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. In 2018 KnowTheChain benchmarked over 120 global companies across the three sectors. 2018 Information & C...
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
Since its inception, the CHRB has been aiming to answer a deceptively simple question; which companies perform best on human rights issues? [...] [T]his document [...] rank[s] 101 of the world’s largest companies in high human-rights-risk sectors and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases 2018 ranking results on human rights performance of 101 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México H&M Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Sasol Shell Shenhua Group Shoprite Sinopec Starbucks Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Wesfarmers Woolworths Group YUM!
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
Days after IPCC report, 30 U.K. companies commit to dedicating hundreds of millions of pounds to addressing climate change
Author: Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, UK Government
"Top businesses across the UK have today announced significant pledges worth hundreds of millions of pounds to tackle climate change, marking the government’s first ever Green GB & NI Week....
- Related stories: International scientific body report on climate change warns of need to act now to prevent catastrophic impacts of climate change
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: Admiral Group Amazon.com Barratt Developments Coca-Cola Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu EDF Hargreaves Lansdown HSBC John Lewis Partnership KPMG Lidl Tesco